Everspace 2 Hero Perks allow you to make clone pilot Adam Roslin everything from more resilient to better at getting critical hits on enemies. While there are 18 total passive traits to unlock, you’re here for the best perks in the game. We list all of them below and give our thoughts on which you should choose and why.
The Best Adam Hero Perks in Everspace 2
The way you earn Hero Perks as Adam in Everspace 2 is through leveling up. Up to the Level 30 cap, you’ll be presented with three choices every five levels. You can only pick one Hero Perk from each grouping at a time, though you’ll be able to respec perks while you’re docked at a station.
Below, we’ve listed the best Hero Perks to get for Adam at each level.
Level 5 Perks
- Exit Strategy: Receive 25% less damage while boosting.
- Close Call: Instead of taking lethal damage, the ship deploys an invulnerability shield that lasts for 10 seconds. You must dock at a station to refresh its trigger.
- Defensive Massacre: Killing an enemy instantly triggers your shield recharge.
For this particular grouping, we feel that Close Call and Defensive Massacre are the two better options. The former is a lifesaver, especially when you think your ship is about to be destroyed. The latter, meanwhile, has very high shield recharge uptime since you’ll take out foes often.
Level 10 Perks
- Percussive Maintenance: Direct armor or hull hits have a 10% chance to reduce a random device’s cooldown by 20%.
- Downtime Warrior: Weapons require 15% less energy for each device that’s on cooldown.
- Play It Safe: Activating a warfare device adds +4 Reactive Armor charges that will negate the next four instances of impact for five seconds.
Play It Safe is a good choice here since, if timed properly, you can become immune to all damage for a short period.
Level 15 Perks
- Excessive Force: +30% primary weapon energy damage when your shield is fully charged.
- Crit Happens: Critical hits have a 30% chance to create an explosion that damages the target and nearby enemies for 50% of its initial blast.
- Relentless: 20% increased weapon energy capacity for each installed support device.
Crit Happens is one of the best Adam Hero Perks in Everspace 2. If you have the right tools to land critical hits reliably, you’ll see a bunch of explosions occurring often.
Level 20 Perks
- Ulterior Motive: 100% ultimate generation when your shield is fully depleted.
- Unyielding Assault: Activating your ult instantly repairs 50% of armor and removes all debuffs.
- Critical Faculty: Critical hits have a chance to restore 1% of ult energy.
We feel that Ulterior Motive is the ideal choice here. In all likelihood, tougher opponents and those in High-Risk Areas would drop your shield quickly. As such, having your ultimate ready can be invaluable if you need massive damage or something that will get you out of trouble fast.
Level 25 Perks
- Retaliation: Reflect 30% of incoming damage back to attackers.
- Exploitation: 50% critical hit chance against enemy ships that have their movement impaired.
- Preparation: Every second, gain 5% secondary weapon damage stacking up to six times; resets when you take damage.
Exploitation is one of the top choices amongst Everspace 2 Adam Hero Perks. With EMP bursts, Web Missiles, Web Mines, and other contraptions, you can impair the movement of enemy ships, leading to easy critical hits.
Level 30 Perks
- Ride the Lightning: Killing an enemy while your shield is up creates a lightning orb that circles your ship for 20 seconds. Incoming attacks consume the orb to damage the attacker while also stunning it with an EMP for three seconds. Once you have 5 orbs, gain unlimited boost energy and +30% increased fire rate.
- Overkill: After your ult expires, your primary weapons remain boosted with Ancient Energy, gaining +20% damage and armor-piercing capabilities; lasts up to 20 seconds, depending on the ult energy spent.
- Symphony of Destruction: Destroying an enemy craft with a critical hit causes its energy core to discharge and deal a percentage of damage in a large radius.
Among these choices, we feel that Symphony of Destruction is, bar none, one of the best perks to get. When combined with other factors and perks that cause/proc/affect criticals, you can have numerous explosions occurring as you take down waves of hostiles.
Those are the best Adam Hero Perks in Everspace 2. For more tips and tricks, dock at our Everspace 2 guides hub here.
Featured image by GameSkinny.