The Final Fantasy 16 skill respec method allows you to fine-tune your chosen abilities. With this system, you won’t need to worry too much about your hard-earned skill points, and you’ll be able to try out different combinations to find what fits your playstyle. Our Final Fantasy 16 ability respec guide tells you how you can reset your skill points in-game.
How to Respec Abilities and Skill Points in Final Fantasy 16
To respec your skill points in Final Fantasy 16, all you need to do is go to the Abilities menu. There, you’ll notice all the General and Eikon-based abilities that you’ve unlocked. Simply move your cursor over a node, and hold the Square button to fully reset it. That’s it.
This will grant you all the points you previously spent, allowing you to reallocate them to others that might fit with your playstyle. This FF16 respec option also has no cost, so you can keep redoing it whenever you see fit. This is a great way for you to test and try the best abilities for the early-game experience.
Does Respec Apply to All Abilities in Final Fantasy 16?
It’s worth noting that some abilities can’t be reset at all in FF16, as these are considered default or fundamental actions. Here are some examples:
- Jump and Melee Attack are core actions that are necessary for exploration and combat. It wouldn’t make sense to reset these at all.
- Additionally, Eikon abilities that are available by default can only be upgraded or mastered (more on this in a while). Examples include the Phoenix Shift, Rising Flames, and Scarlet Cyclone for the Phoenix Eikon.
Other Important FF16 Respec Components
There are several other important components of the FF16 respec mechanic that are important:
- Many skills can be upgraded and mastered. Upgrading adds boosts, such as increased damage or an extra hit/function. Mastery, meanwhile, allows for a particular ability to be used when you have a different Eikon equipped. When you reset that ability, all points will be refunded, including those that you used for upgrades and mastery.
- If you reset your abilities to change to something else, you’ll need to equip them via the Gear and Eikons menu.
- Lastly, you can always see how abilities are used via the Arete Stone in the Hideaway hub. I use this mode regularly since it lets me customize training sessions. In turn, I was able to determine which skills meshed well with my chosen playstyle.
And that’s it. That’s everything you need to know about how to respec skill points in Final Fantasy 16. For more tips and strategies, you can visit our FF16 guides hub.