The Final Fantasy 16 Timely Rings are special accessories that can trivialize combat situations. They offer crucial benefits, oftentimes making things a bit too easy. Our FF16 Timely Rings guide discusses when you can unlock these, their effects, and which ones are good enough to equip.
How to Get and Use Timely Rings in Final Fantasy 16
The FF16 Timely Rings are automatically available early on during the game’s prologue. In fact, the main character, Clive Rosfield, will have two of these equipped if you pick Story Focused mode. Alternatively, you can choose Action Focused mode, whereupon the rings will still be in your inventory. You may then equip them whenever you see fit. You can learn more in our Story Focused Versus Action Focused guide.
Timely Rings Effects
- Ring of Timely Focus — Time slows down whenever an enemy attack is about to hit Clive; has no effect when equipped along with the Ring of Timely Evasion.
- Ring of Timely Evasion — Automatically evades most enemy attacks.
- Ring of Timely Strikes — Complex ability combinations, such as Eikonic Feats, Magic Bursts, and more can be triggered by pressing the Square button.
- Ring of Timely Healing — Automatically uses Potions whenever your HP falls below a certain point.
- Ring of Timely Assistance — Obtained once Torgal the Dog joins your party. This allows for pet commands to be executed automatically. This accessory’s effects are also active if you’re wearing the Ring of Timely Strikes.
Which Timely Rings Should You Use in FF16
As cited earlier, the Final Fantasy 16 Timely Rings tend to make combat easier, mostly because certain actions are automated. As such, it’s up to you if you want to equip them. Still, I do have a couple of recommendations.
Personally, I suggest using the Ring of Timely Assistance, even if you’re playing Action Focused mode. That’s because Torgal the Dog has his own control inputs using the D-pad (which can be alternated with your consumables/potions). As such, it can be a hassle to try and spam commands for the fuzzy furball, all while you’re striking foes and dodging attacks.
There’s also the Ring of Timely Strikes, which allows for different abilities to be used or cast with a single button (i.e., Square). For instance, a simple spellcast normally requires pressing Triangle, whereas certain Eikon abilities might require holding R2, then pressing either Square or Triangle. By equipping the Ring of Timely Strikes, you can simply mash Square to chain different skills, including Eikon ability switching.
Do remember that the Ring of Timely Strikes already retains the effect of the Ring of Timely Assistance. As such, you could opt to just use the former. However, if easy-mode ability triggers makes the combat too boring, then it might be better to just opt for only the latter.
And that’s it, that’s everything you need to know about the Timely Rings in Final Fantasy 16. For more tips and strategies, you can visit our FF16 guides hub.