The Fire Emblem Engage updates and DLC roadmap is a fairly extensive one, giving fans insight into what lies ahead for Nintendo’s tactical RPG and latest installment in the popular franchise. Whether you’ve picked up the game on its January 20 release date or plan to pick it up sometime later, you may be wondering what’s in store for the game throughout 2023 and in each wave.
It’s worth noting that there are four planned waves of Fire Emblem Engage DLC packs in total, each of which is part of the game’s Expansion Pass. The Expansion Pass costs $29.99 by itself or comes bundled with the game for $89.98, according to their respective eShop pages.
Fire Emblem Engage DLC Wave 1
The first DLC expansion wave for Fire Emblem Engage is already out. Released alongside the game on January 20, 2023, it includes a number of extras, including emblems, support items, accessories, and a silver card. Here’s how it’s laid out via the eShop:
- Emblem Bracelet for Edelgard/Dimitri/Claude will be added (three Emblems that dwell in one bracelet).
- When a unit wears the Emblem Bracelet, they will receive stat boosts (including a 20% increase in earned EXP). Note: You will receive the bracelet immediately after viewing the event on Lookout Ridge in the Somniel.
- Emblem bracelet for Tiki will be added.
- A unit wearing the bracelet will have improved stat growth when leveling up. Note: Bracelet becomes available after clearing the newly added Divine Paralogue map.
- Boots, Seraph Robe, Energy Drop, Spirit Dust, Secret Book, Speedwing, Goddess Icon, Dracoshield, Talisman. Note: You will receive these the first time you visit the Somniel after Chapter 5.
- Receive at the Boutique in the Somniel. Rare Set, Frilled Band, Big Ribbon, Single Earring, Round Specs. Note: You will receive these the first time you visit the Boutique after Chapter 6.
- While you possess this item, in-game purchases in the Armory and Item Shop will be discounted by 30%.
Fire Emblem Engage DLC Packs 2-4
Unfortunately, we don’t know much about the next three DLC waves for Fire Emblem Engage besides some generic information. They’re all planned for release sometime in 2023, though no exact dates have been shared as of this writing just after release.
- DLC 2 will include more emblems, support items, and accessories.
- DLC 3 will include even more emblems.
- DLC 4 will include new story elements, including “characters … (and) maps … separate from the main, chapter-based story.” It will also add new classes to Fire Emblem Engage, though which remains to be seen.
Fire Emblem Engage Update 1 Patch Notes
Anyone jumping into Fire Emblem Engage will need to download the game’s first update, which launched on January 20 and focused on a few small tweaks for online functionality, the Expansion Pass, and “free update benefits.” Per Nintendo:
- Compatible with Expansion Pass. Fire Emblem Engage product information: Additional Content.
- A link to the Nintendo eShop “Additional Content” has been added to the title screen.
- Added free update benefits. You can receive it when you go to Solanel after Chapter 5.
- You can now use functions related to Internet communication.
We’ll update this Fire Emblem Engage updates and DLC roadmap when more information on waves is released by Nintendo. In the meantime, head over to our FE: Engage guides page if you’re looking for help with the game. And click here if you’re having issues accessing the DLC or downloading the patch in the first place.
Featured image via Nintendo.