While Fortnite OG has been keeping us busy, Epic Games has allegedly been working on one of its biggest crossovers yet. All rumors point to an upcoming brick-building collaboration that’s bound to be a game-changer. Here’s what we know about the Fortnite LEGO leaks.
Fortnite LEGO Collaboration Leaks Detailed
LEGO has had plenty of crossovers over the years — from Marvel to Star Wars — and there’s a good chance you’ll discover your favorite franchise among LEGO’s many toys. The pop culture crossovers have found their way into various Warner Bros. games like LEGO Marvel Super Heroes and LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I’ve had my share of good times in LEGO’s video game collection, so I can confidently say it makes perfect sense to bring that gameplay into Fortnite.
What Epic Games Have Said About a Fortnite LEGO Crossover
Back in April 2022, Epic Games officially announced its partnership with LEGO Group. Here’s what Epic Games’ CEO & Founder, Tim Sweeney, said about the collaboration:
“The LEGO Group has captivated the imagination of children and adults through creative play for nearly a century, and we are excited to come together to build a space in the metaverse that’s fun, entertaining, and made for kids and families.”
So, it’s fair to say we’ve been waiting with bated breath for quite some time. Additionally, the partnership was announced with the intention of long-term collaboration, but what does that mean for Fortnite?
Are Fortnite and LEGO Doing a Collaboration? The Details of the Leak
We’re about to find out. Reliable leakers have collected plenty of information to get us ready for the official launch. Here’s what we know so far. Remember, however, that none of this has been confirmed by Epic Games, and it’s important to take these leak details with the proper grain of salt.
- LEGO X Fortnite will go live on December 7, 2023.
- Play as a LEGO character.
- The mode will feature weather and ambient sounds.
- There will be a Health and Energy system.
- There will be beds to replenish HP and Energy.
- Multiplayer mode will feature “Sleep Voting”.
- There will be Camps to sleep in.
- Sleeping offers the ability to skip the night.
- There will be PVE with enemies to fight.
- There will be a crafting system.
- Players will have an inventory for collecting items.
- Free movement throughout the world.
- Walking, Sliding, Running, Swimming, Gliding, Flying, and Falling (with Damage).
- Vendors will sell items throughout the world.
- There will be mining to harvest ore around the map.
- There will be a building tool that has 9 slots.
- There will be a Creative mode.
- The mode will likely resemble LEGO Worlds.
- There will be a Creative mode.
- New items unique to the LEGO mode.
- LEGO Stud Gun, Workbenches, Beds, Fences, Catapults, Prankster Catapults, Ziplines, Map Markers, Trinkets (Potions/Buffs).
- Emote emotions and reactions to other players.
- Sad, Surprised, Worried, Excited, Disgusted, Bored, Angry, Laughing, Greeting, Give Item, Take Item, Admiring, Celebrating, Disagreement, and Afraid.
- Reskin emotes to transform them into “Minifig” versions.
As you can see, there’s a lot to get hype about. The LEGO collab is bound to be the best thing to happen to Fortnite in quite some time. While Fortnite has been revolutionary on its own, bringing the imaginative universe of LEGO to the Island is a testament to the power of creativity in games. So, it makes perfect sense that Epic has kept players busy with a remaster of Chapter 1 while preparing this hefty project for release.
While these features are incredibly exciting, it’s important to note that they’re still leaked rumors and unconfirmed by Epic at this time. We’ll be sure to let you know as soon as the developers decide to tease or release information from behind the scenes.
Well, that does it for our explanation of the Fortnite LEGO leaks for now. We’ll keep this guide updated throughout the event. Stay tuned with us at our guides hub here for all there is to know about this exciting crossover.