Fortnite OG is here, and if you’re encountering bugs like Error 0, you’ll be unable to drop in and get some dubs. I know there’s hype around this Chapter 4 Season 5, so let’s talk about how to fix Error Code 0 “Please restart your client”.
How to Fix Error Code 0 in Fortnite OG
Error codes are the ultimate way to put a wrench in your gaming plans. I’ve encountered bugs myself, and it’s the last thing I want, especially during a special event like Fortnite OG. Error Code 0 will prevent you from entering a match, or completing one. It’s caused by issues in the anti-cheat system, admin permission errors, or bugs in the game’s files. Here’s what you can do to fix it:
- Check server status
- Verify file integrity
- Run Fortnite as administrator
- Relaunch the game
- Reinstall the game
Check Server Status
Checking the server status it the first thing I do when I encounter the error. Doing so will let you know if Fortnite servers have been brought down for maintenance.
- Head to the Epic Games Public Status page to check.
- Join the official Fortnite Discord server: The Discord server features a Fortnite status channel, announcements, bug reporting, community support, and more. You can join the forum to chat with other players live and see if anyone else is experiencing the issue.
- Check the Fortnite Status Twitter/X. This Twitter/X page frequently updates with patches and any bugs the team is aware of and working on.
Verify File Integrity
Since Error Code 0 can occur from file bugs, you’ll want to verify your file integrity. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Epic Games Launcher > Library > Left-click three white dots under Fortnite > Left-click Manage > Left-click Verify.
- Wait for the verification process to complete.
Run Fortnite as an Administrator
Oftentimes, you’ll need to run the application as an admin on your PC. Here’s how to do it.
- Right-click the application shortcut > Run as Administrator.
Restart the Game
The age-old tried and true solution of restarting the game could work for Error Code 0. Restarting your computer or console would also be a good idea.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Game
Sometimes, it’s best to start from scratch. If you’re unable to fix the bug through workarounds, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
Submit a Ticket
As a last resort, you can submit a support ticket to the official Epic Games Support team via the Fortnite Support page.
That’s how to fix Error Code 0 in Fortnite. Unfortunately, if none of them work for you, you’ll need to wait until Epic clears up the issue. In the meantime, check out our guides hub for additional error fixes and more.