Activating cross save in Destiny 2 is a great way to keep your progress across multiple platforms and ensure you never miss out on any of the game’s exciting content. With cross save, you can link up to three gaming consoles or PC accounts with one Bungie Account, allowing you to quickly transfer your characters and gear from one platform to another.
This means you can play as your Guardian on PC and easily play the same Guardian pick-up from where you left off on the console without losing any progress. But how do we activate cross save? Below is a guide on how to do so in Destiny 2.
How Does Cross Save Work in Destiny 2?
You can link up all platforms you use to play Destiny 2 to your Bungie.net account, and you get to choose one group of Guardians whose progress will carry over to all of them. However, you cannot merge characters or gear between different platforms, nor can purchased expansions or Silver be moved across.
Before engaging in cross save for Destiny 2, ensure that you are prepared with all the correct login credentials on each platform to avoid any issues. Once enabled, be aware that this is a 3-month commitment, and disabling it within that period can result in not being able to reactivate it until after the said time has elapsed. Check out Bungie’s cross save FAQ for a comprehensive guide on this feature.
How to Set Up Cross Save in Destiny 2
Please follow these steps to activate the cross save feature on your account.
- First, log into your Bungie.net account.
- Select the “Cross Save” option on the account menu.
- Next, Accept the User Agreements.
- Link and authenticate your accounts.
- Choose the group of characters you want whose progress will carry over to all the platforms.
- Confirm that you chose the correct group of characters.
- Review your setup and select “ YES, DO IT!”
- Lastly, check all the confirmation boxes and select “Activate Cross Save” you’re done.
- Then you’re done. You should see a confirmation page saying “Cross Save Activated.”
And there you go! Now you know how to activate and set up cross save in Destiny 2, allowing you to play the game across multiple platforms, including PC, PlayStation, and Xbox. For more Destiny 2 content, such as legacy guides and those for Season of the Seraph, head over to our tips hub here.