Final Fantasy XIV is arguably the best MMO on the market right now. With one of the most engaging storylines in recent Final Fantasies despite being an MMO, it’s one of the biggest earners for Square Enix in recent years.
With the release of their latest expansion, Stormblood, Final Fantasy XIV has experienced a resurgence in subscribers. The new expansion has a wide variety of new dungeons and challenging dungeons, all which come with their own unique rewards.
One such reward is the Magitek Predator Mount. Unfortunately, getting this mount involves some RNG. Since the expansion hasn’t been out that long, this mount is pretty rare — but here’s how you can grind your way to getting it.
How to Get the Rare Magitek Predator Mount in FFXIV
To get this mount, you’ll have to farm the Ala Mhigo dungeon and hope that the RNG gods are on your side, as the key to acquiring this mount drops from the final boss.
- Queue up for the Ala Mhigo dungeon. If you haven’t unlocked the quest yet, it’s part of the Main Scenario quest line. Just keep following the main quest marker and you’ll find the dungeon eventually.
- Complete the dungeon. If you have trouble with it, there’s no shame in admitting it to the group. There should at least be one veteran in the party to help guide you through it.
- Surrender to reward RNG. The final boss of the dungeon will have a roulette that has a chance to drop the Magitek Predator Identification Key. You’ll need this item to summon the mount.
- Repeat until you get the Identification Key. This is a rare mount, and everyone knows that RNG is rarely on your side. But you can farm this dungeon as often as you like until it finally drops for you.
Once you have the item, go to your inventory and right click it. This will give you the ability to use your mount.
You can now summon the Magitek Predator Mount! To do so, go to the character menu in the top left corner and go to the mount guide. Locate the Magitek Predator Mount and right click it to summon the mount. Just remember that you can’t summon mounts inside dungeons or towns.
If you want to have easier access to this mount, drag it from the mount guide onto your hotbar. Press the corresponding key to summon it.
That’s all there is to getting the rare Magitek Predator mount! Remember, this is heavily based on RNG. If at first you don’t get it, try and try again. And if you need more help with other aspects of the game and this new expansion, check out the rest of our FFXIV Stormblood guides to get all the info you need:
- What to Do After Hitting Level 70 in FFXIV
- FFXIV Location for the Dearest Keiko Quest
- FFXIV Stormblood Job Guide: Samurai
- FFXIV Stormblood Job Guide: Red Mage
- FFXIV Stormblood Guide: How to Dive Underwater
- How to Access Stormblood and Unlock Red Mage and Samurai in FFXIV