The stiff arm has long been a fan-favorite move in Madden, and it remains so in Madden 22. With the flair of a Heisman Trophy pose, a well-timed stiff arm can swat would-be tacklers away like a big brother swatting a little brother in the yard, leaving them in the dirt as you march down the sideline.
On the surface, the stiff arm is easy to pull off, but there are some tricks to using it that can make it even more powerful. If you want to learn how to stiff arm in Madden 22, you’re in the right place.
Though it may be tricky learning the many different controls and button combos, the stiff arm is thankfully quite simple.
To stiff arm press:
- “A” on Xbox One/Series X|S
- “X” on PS4/PS5
Stiff arm when a defender is in range
Like every skill move, performing a stiff arm too early makes it easier for the defender to overcome your move, while doing so too late means you’ll likely be tackled before you can even try.
Let the defender get close enough to shove them off
A stiff arm can move a defender well out of the way, and in some cases even shove them to the ground, giving you a clear path downfield for a big gain or a touchdown.
10 Best Stiff Arm Ratings in Madden 22
Every player in Madden 22, from running backs and wide receivers to QBs, is given a stiff arm rating, and these are the 10 best offensive players (OVR 90+) according to their stiff arm rating. Here they are:
- Travis Kelce, TE, Chiefs (32)
- Davante Adams, WR, Packers (30)
- Stefon Diggs, WR, Bills (30)
- Allen Robinson II, WR, Bears (30)
- Tom Brady, QB, Buccaneers (28)
- Deshaun Watson, QB, Texans (27)
- Mike Evans, WR, Buccaneers (24)
- Christian McCaffrey, RB, Panthers (23)
- George Kittle, TE, 49ers (22)
- Michael Thomas, WR, Saints (22)