The “Shepherd” mission in CoD: Modern Warfare 3: Zombies Act 2 offers a unique opportunity to activate the Neutralizer machine, which is the ultimate weapon against the Aetherium. Our guide will provide you with tips on how to deploy to Neutralizer test site and complete the “Shepherd” mission.
How to Deploy to Neutralizer Test Site in CoD MWZ
Once the second act of the Zombies story begins, wait for one minute after deploying to Urzikstan, and you should see a yellow star marker on your tac-map with the “Shepherd” mission. If you play as a squad, be sure to let everyone know before entering the Exfil point at the marker. Otherwise, all of you will be deployed automatically if at least one of you enters the helicopter.
After collecting weapons, ammo, purchasing upgrades, and summoning a pet dog for a revival in solo, gather at the deployment spot, which in my case is the spot indicated on the map below. Once the helicopter leaves the area, you’ll arrive at a secret Neutralizer test site, where you need to do the following:
- Move towards the largest building in the center of the map.
- Clear the area from all the zombies and mercenaries at the entrance to the building.
- Enter the building and move up to the roof.
- Destroy two SAM turrets on the roof that should be indicated on your tac-map.
How to Complete the Shepherd Mission in CoD MWZ
Secure the Neutralizer Airdrop
When you destroy both SAM turrets, you need to secure the Neutralizer Aidrop site by following these steps:
- Go to the new yellow star marker on your tac-map, as that’s where the Neutralizer vehicle is.
- Find inactive turrets on the roofs of the buildings around the marker.
- Activate as many as you can using the Turret Circuits, which I saw on the roofs of the nearby buildings.
- Move towards the Neutralizer and clear the area from zombies and mercenaries.
Escort the Neutralizer to the Test Site
When the area of the aidrip is clear, the Neutralizer vehicle will start moving towards the test site. You must escort it and follow these steps:
- Clear the area from zombies and mercenaries all along the way to the test site.
- Once you arrive at the test site, defeat the Krawler monster.
- When the Neutralizer finishes charging up, it’ll detonate and complete the mission.
Note that although it’s possible to step onto the Neutralizer and move with it, I wouldn’t recommend it, as it would attract more attention to the vehicle itself. It’s important to make sure that the Neutralizer doesn’t get damaged too much on its way to the test site, or you’ll fail the mission. So be sure to walk along and be a bit away from the vehicle to make sure that it stays relatively safe.
That’s all you need to know on how to deploy to Neutralizer test site in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Stay tuned for more CoD MW3 tips and tricks articles, including how to complete Bad Signal and how to use the Locked Diary.