Bad Signal is a new Dark Aether mission in Act IV of MWZ that grants a mysterious reward after its completion. Our guide will provide you with tips on how to complete Bad Signal in CoD: Modern Warfare 3 Zombies, including the best loadout to do so.
How to Beat the Bad Signal Mission in MWZ
There are several Dark Aether portals on the Uzbekistan map, but you need to enter the one located on the southern border of the medium- and high-level threat zones. You can find it by looking for a star marker on your tac-map, showing that it’s the “Bad Signal” entrance point, or you can use the map below, where I placed the marker for your convenience.
How to Activate the Dark Aether Portal
Once you’ve located the Dark Aether portal, all your squadmates must gather around it. Once one of you activates it by interacting with it, all squad members must vote “Yes” when prompted by the game, even the person who activated the portal in the first place. When you see the countdown on the screen, the portal will suck you into a new map that’s deliberately skewed.
Enjoying this article? Don’t forget to check out our MW3 Zombies Big Bounty Locations Guide.
How to Finish Bad Signal in 30 Minutes
Now, you have to finish the mission within 30 minutes. Here’s what to do:
- Follow the four purple markers on your tac-map.
- These will lead you to four Active Seals that you need to break.
- Be sure to kill all the zombies that guard the seals.
- Once all four seals are destroyed, move to the exfil spot on the map.
- Don’t be surprised to see a giant monster pop up from the ground instead of the exfil point.
At this point, the boss fight with the giant worm named Gorm’gant begins. Once you defeat the monster, you’ll complete the mission.
How to Defeat Gorm’gant in Bad Signal
Gorm’gant is a giant worm monster that has a huge maw that can be dangerous if you get too close to it. The monster can easily swallow you, which will fail the mission, so it’s important to come prepared. I discovered a perfect loadout for defeating Gorm’gant as well as completing the entire Bad Signal mission:
- Main Weapon: MCW Assault Rifle
- Secondary Weapon: Renetti (JAK Ferocity Carbine Kit)
- Vest: Gunner Vest
- Gloves: Quick Grip Gloves
- Boots: Stalker Boots
- Barrel: SL Crater Heavy Barrel
- Stock: RB Regal Heavy Stock
- Rear Grip: RB Craw-PSL Grip
Once you’re properly equipped, you need to follow specific tips to quickly and effectively defeat Gorm’gant:
- Aim only at the glowing purple spots on Gorm’gant’s body.
- Shoot all the purple orbs that appear around the area.
- Ask some of your squadmates to take care of the zombies that might enter the boss area.
- If Gorm’gant swallows you, use your parachute as quickly as possible to escape his maw.
- If he swallows and spits you out, use a self-revival kit to get back into the battle.
Rinse and repeat this cycle as many times as you need until you completely deplete Gorm’gant’s HP bar. Once the monster is dead, a reward rift will appear with a mysterious Leather-Bound Locked Diary. This item is required to progress further in the Zombies: Season 1 mode.
That’s everything you need to know on how to complete Bad Signal in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Stay tuned for more CoD MW3 tips and tricks articles right here, such as what to do with the Locked Diary.