Kernel Corn is an assault damage character in Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2. His rapid-fire attacks, Butter Barrage airstrikes, leaping Hush hop, and charged up Shuck Shot make him a great character to lead the charge.
You’ll want to take advantage of all his abilities since his main weapon is hard to deal with when the enemy is moving a lot. I’ll help you get the hang of using Kernel Corn and go over each variant available for him.
Check out my Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Beginner Tips and Tricks for other help with the game.
This guide will go over everything about the Kernel Corn class in Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 including:
- Kernel Corn Basics and Abilities – How to play Kernel Corn and the abilities they have.
- Kernel Corn Variants – Each variant for Kernel Corn and what they do.
- Kernel Corn Character Upgrades – Each upgrade for Kernel Corn and what they do.
Kernel Corn Basics and Abilities
Kernal Corn’s main weapons are fully automatic and fire like machine guns. This speed makes it hard to stay on target and each shot does low damage. You may need to stop periodically when firing if you can’t land hits so you aren’t wasting ammo.
It can be difficult to kill with the main weapon alone, so you will want to use his abilities alongside the main weapon. His Shuck Shot will 1-shot nearly anything when you get a direct hit.
I often use Husk Hop to escape situations where I’m outgunned and I can usually get a vanquish while doing this. Kernel Corn takes a bit more effort to play well, but it can be a fun class when you get the hang of it.
- Butter Barrage – He throws butter on the ground to mark a spot for an airstrike.
- The airstrike will hit the area after a short time.
- Alternate Ability: Bigger Better Butter – Like the Butter Barrage, but sends down a massive explosion instead of several tiny ones.
- Husk Hop – Leaps high in the air and flips forward while shooting everything below.
- Doing this with an enemy in front of you causes you to shoot them for a lot of damage until you land.
- Shuck Shot – He charges up a big blast that shoots forward.
- It takes some time to charge up, so plan where you are going to aim while doing it.
Kernel Corn Variants
This variant shoots a Spicy Hot Shot for his primary weapon that deals fire damage over time.
- He has 35 ammo by default
This variant shoots piercing shots that go through multiple enemies and does more damage than the normal Kernel Corn.
- He has 35 ammo by default
- Has a cool looking suit and hat, which is the most important part about him
This variant shoots in 3-round bursts instead of fully automatic.
- He has 33 ammo by default
- This variant is great if you want to be more precise with the main weapon.
This is the legendary variant of Kernel Corn. He works just like the normal Kernel Corn variant, but gets a meter that fills up with each kill. When it fills completely, he gets a movement speed and damage boost.
Kernel Corn Character Upgrades
Kernel Corn gets character upgrades at level 5 and 9. When you get to 10 you can promote it to reset it back to level 1. This gives you a new rank and allows you level up again to get more character upgrades.
I’ll tell you at what level and rank you get each character upgrade and what they do.
- Health Regeneration Delay Upgrade (Level 5) – Lower the time it takes before your health begins to regenerate.
- Zoom Upgrade (Level 9) – Increases distance zoomed in.
- Health Regeneration Upgrade (Level 5) – Increases how fast your health regenerates.
- Speed Upgrade (Level 9) – Increases your movement speed.
- Reload Speed (Level 5) – Increases how fast you reload your weapon.
- Ammo Upgrade (Level 9) – Increases how much ammo your gun has before you must reload.
- Damage Upgrade (Level 5) – Increases how much damage you deal with your weapon.
- Health Upgrade (Level 5) – Increases your maximum health.
As you can see, you don’t get upgrades for level 9 of the last two ranks. Once you get level 5 of Super Elite, you won’t need to level anymore for character upgrades.
That’s it for my guide on Kernel Corn in Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2. Let me know if you have any questions!