Super Brainz is new class in Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 that uses melee and long-range beam attacks. He has the most health — 200, can jump higher than other characters, and has plenty of tricks to make him a menace at any distance.
Super Brainz is a fun character, but you will need to know how it works to get the most out of it. I’ll explain how to play Super Brainz and give details on each variant and character upgrades available.
Check out my Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Beginner Tips and Tricks for more help with the game.
This guide will go over everything about the Super Brainz class in Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 including:
- Super Brainz Basics and Abilities – How to play the Super Brainz and the abilities they have.
- Super Brainz Variants – Each variant for the Super Brainz and what they do.
- Super Brainz Character Upgrades – Each upgrade for the Super Brainz, what they do, and what I would use.
Super Brainz Basics and Abilities
Super Brainz punches in melee range for his first primary attack and has no ammo, so he can do this as many times as he wants. There is a short delay every 3 punches. When zoomed in, he shoots a beam out that also has no ammo, but overheats after a while. It will take some time to recharge if you let it overheat.
Super Brainz is brutal at close range, but take advantage of his beam if you can’t safely get close to the enemy. Super Brainz is a terror at melee range, but he can still rack up vanquishes with his beam.
- Super Ultra Ball – Sends a ball of energy out to attack enemies for massive damage.
- You can use this on the ground or while in the air. It will freeze you in mid-air if used while jumping.
- Alternate Ability: Super Multi Ball – Same as the Super Ultra Ball, but it throws out 3 instead of 1. Each one is weaker than the normal Super Ultra Ball, but it adds up if you land all 3.
- Turbo Twister – Spins into a whirlwind that damage all nearby plants and sucks them in if close enough.
- You take less damage while doing this so it is also good to use defensively… Also, if you want to feel like Tasmanian Devil.
- Heroic Kick – Launches Super Brainz forward with a damaging kick that can be used on the ground or in the air.
- This Spartan kick is not only good for putting plants in their place, but also useful for covering distances faster.
Super Brainz Variants
This variant can charge up his punches for extra damage.
- If you vanquish an enemy with a full charge, they cannot be revived.
- His ranged attack shoots multiple shots instead of a continuous beam and it lasts longer.
This variant adds electric damage to his primary attack that chains through multiple enemies.
- This is great for fighting groups of enemies and feeling like Emperor Palpatine.
This is a legendary variant that adds poison damage over time to his primary attacks and anyone that comes near him.
He has a meter that you fill up by getting kills. When you get enough, he goes into Toxic Mode to move faster and deal more damage.
- Great for when you get into melee range since you damage people just by getting near them.
This is a legendary variant that has a meter that fills up after getting kills. When the meter is full, he goes into Party Mode. This makes him move faster and deal more damage.
Super Brainz Character Upgrades
Super Brainz gets character upgrades at level 5 and 9. When you get to 10 you can promote it to reset it back to level 1. This gives you a new rank and allows you level up again to get more character upgrades.
I’ll tell you at what level and rank you get each character upgrade and what they do.
- Health Regeneration Delay Upgrade (Level 5) – Lower the time it takes before your health begins to regenerate.
- Zoom Upgrade (Level 9) – Increases distance zoomed in.
- Health Regeneration Upgrade (Level 5) – Increases how fast your health regenerates.
- Overheat Penalty Upgrade (Level 9) – Lowers the time it takes to start attacking after you overheat.
- Speed Upgrade (Level 5) – Increases how fast your character moves.
- Overheat Upgrade (Level 9) – Lets you fire for longer before you overheat.
- Damage Upgrade (Level 5) – Increases how much damage you deal with your weapon.
- Health Upgrade (Level 5) – Increases your maximum health.
As you can see, you don’t get upgrades for level 9 of the last two ranks. Once you get level 5 of Super Elite, you won’t need to level anymore for character upgrades.
That’s it for my guide on Super Brainz in Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2. Let me know if you have any questions!