Pokemon GO is turning seven, and there’s a new Anniversary Party celebration event to take part in. Featuring Pokemon wearing party hats, themed Field Research, and Mega Blastoise returning to Raids, the birthday bash will be on from July 6 at 10 a.m. until July 12 at 8 p.m. Along with the surprises comes a variety of daily bonuses and region starters appearing in the wild on a daily basis.
Pokemon GO 7th Anniversary Party Daily Event Changes
Starter Pokemon Appearances During the Anniversary Party
Throughout the Anniversary Party event, a new set of region starters will appear in the wild. Starting with the original trio wearing party hats, the starters will have an increased rate of showing up. Here’s the day each starter set will appear. For those looking to get evolved versions of starters, shiny versions, or finish your collection, this is a good time to play.
- July 6: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle (wearing party hats)
- July 7: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
- July 8: Treeko, Torchic, Mudkip
- July 9: Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
- July 10: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott
- July 11: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie
- July 12: Rowlet, Litten, Popplio
Anniversary Party Daily Bonuses
Along with the changing starter Pokemon in the 7th Anniversary Party event, new bonuses will go into effect each day. My personal favorite is July 9, especially since I have a lot of high km eggs.
- July 6: 2x XP for catching Pokemon.
- July 7: 2x Stardust for catching Pokemon.
- July 8: 2x Candy for catching Pokemon.
- July 9: 1/2 Egg Hatch Distance when placed in an Incubator on this day.
- July 10: Friendship levels increase 2x as fast.
- July 11: 2x Candy for transferring Pokemon.
- July 12: 2x XP for evolving Pokemon.
These bonuses are in addition to the persistent event bonuses:
- Increased chance of becoming Lucky Friends.
- Increased chance of Pokemon becoming Lucky through Trades.
- Chance of finding 7, 77 — or more! — Gimmighoul Coins when you spin a PokeStop with a Golden Lure Module.
Those are all the bonuses for the Pokemon GO 7th Anniversary Party event and the daily starter Pokemon you can encounter in the wild. For more, check out our PoGO guides hub. From Raid tips to if a certain Pokemon is shiny to how to get all the Eeveelutions, we’ve got what you need help with.