Your mettle will be tested if you go after the Resident Evil 4 remake Peerless Agent trophy and achievement. Though danger lurks around every corner of the European countryside, more challenges await once you’ve completed RE4. Here’s how to accomplish one of the most difficult ones.
How to Get the Peerless Agent Trophy and Achievement in RE4 Remake
The Resident Evil 4 Remake Peerless Agent trophy and achievement is obtained by beating the main story on Professional difficulty. But to unlock Professional difficulty mode in the first place, you have to complete the game once on any of the three default difficulties:
Beating the game on any of these difficulties will unlock Professional mode, as well as New Game+.
To be clear, Professional Mode presents the toughest challenges yet. You’ll fight beefier enemies with attacks that can annihilate you in one blow, all while scrounging for very limited resources and ammo. Thankfully, the whole process is made easier if you prepare beforehand.
RE4 Professional Mode Tips and Strategies
Your First Campaign Run in Resident Evil 4 Remake
Your first run through the Resident Evil 4 Remake campaign should be the most memorable and time-consuming. Not only will you experience the remake with fresh eyes, but you’ll also be able to amass a lot of gold and resources.
Here’s your checklist at this stage:
- Collect Treasures, Gemstones, and Spinels. If you own the Expanded Treasure Map DLC, you’ll find additional valuables that aren’t normally part of certain areas.
- Destroy all Clockwork Castellans to unlock the Primal Knife as a bonus weapon. You may then buy an Exclusive Upgrade Ticket from the Merchant, which costs 30 to 40 Spinels, so you can unlock the Primal Knife’s indestructible perk.
- Certain Charms from the Shooting Gallery can help provide boosts, including those that increase the selling price of weapons, which are more valuable with each subsequent upgrade.
Your First New Game+ Run
After your first clear, New Game+ and Professional mode should get unlocked. You might be one step closer to the Resident Evil 4 Remake Peerless Agent trophy and achievement, but don’t rush into Professional mode just yet. Instead, you’ll want to do another run at a lower difficulty, preferably Hardcore.
Here’s some advice for this run:
- If you’ve unlocked the Primal Knife’s indestructible perk, you’ll have a weapon that will never break. You can use it effectively in close-combat situations.
- Treasures you’ve collected during your previous run will be around on your next run, so you’ll want to reacquire them.
- Hardcore mode increases the prices of certain items, so make sure you sell everything you don’t need.
- The end goal is to amass 2 million Pesetas to purchase the Infinite Rocket Launcher. This is one of the weapons that has infinite ammo.
Related: How to Get Capacity Compliance
Your First Professional Difficulty Run
Now that you have both the Primal Knife and the Infinite Rocket Launcher, it’s time to go for the Resident Evil 4 Remake Peerless Agent trophy and achievement. Pick your next New Game+ attempt and select Professional difficulty.
Here are some additional tips and goals to consider if you’re going for the Peerless Agent, as well as other unlockables:
- To speed up your run, you can skip the Village encounter.
- The Infinite Rocket Launcher will instantly kill hostiles, and the Primal Knife can be used to backstab unwary ones. Of course, other firearms are there for various situations.
- Ignore all treasures, collectibles, and sidequests this time around.
- Ideally, you should get the Professional A-rank by clearing the campaign in under seven hours. This will unlock the Chicago Sweeper (or Chicago Typewriter in the original game). It has infinite ammo as a unique perk if you use the Exclusive Upgrade Ticket on it.
- Since you’ve cleared Professional mode, Peerless Agent is just icing on the cake.
Tips for Future Campaign Runs
There are more campaign runs to consider after you’ve received the Resident Evil 4 Remake Peerless Agent trophy and achievement:
- Professional S+ rank for the Cat Ears:
- Requires a fresh start (not New Game+).
- Clear the campaign in under five and a half hours, and with fewer than 15 manual saves.
- Rewards you with the Cat Ears, an accessory that grants infinite ammo for all non-rocket weapons.
- Professional (no bonus weapons) for the Handcannon:
- Fresh start (not New Game+).
- No specific clear rank/duration is required, so take your time.
- You can’t use bonus weapons like the Primal Knife and Chicago Sweeper.
- On the bright side, you can equip the Cat Ears, which means every weapon you pick up during the campaign will have infinite ammo anyway.
- You’ll receive the Handcannon, which also has infinite ammo as a unique perk.
And that’s essentially what you need to know about the RE4 Peerless Agent trophy and achievement. While you’re making your way through the early parts of the challenge (your first run and NG+), you’ll want to find the gold chicken egg for more money, and you may be wondering how to solve the Sword Puzzle in the Treasury. For more solutions and help, head over to our Resident Evil 4 guides hub.
Featured image via GameSkinny.