Secrets abound as you make your way across a snowy wilderness. Our guide discusses where to find the Desolate Island Monument Sprite in The Talos Principle 2 so you can complete this task in one of the northern sectors.
Where to Find the Desolate Island Monument Sprite in The Talos Principle 2
You can find the Desolate Island Monument Sprite in The Talos Principle 2 by checking the western part of the hangar-like structure after you’ve read the passage on the Monument. Here’s a quick summary:
- Desolate Island, just like the other zones in the game, has two Monuments. The one that you’re looking for is just beyond Puzzle #4 and the Passing Through Lost Puzzle to the west.
- Check the writing that’s etched on the slab, which reads: “Find my sprite and follow it until it leads you back to me.”
- Return to the hangar-like structure (i.e. the initial area). You should see the blue sprite floating near the steps close to Puzzle #4.
How to Follow the Monument Sprite in the High Ground Puzzle
Now that you’ve seen the Desolate Island Monument Sprite in The Talos Principle 2, it’s time to follow it. It will first enter Puzzle #4: High Ground. It will float up to the ledge along the right-hand side of the room, which is also where you’ll find the extra platform. Here’s what I did:
- I placed the Hexahedron block next to the wall.
- I then had one droid stand on the Hexahedron block, and another picked up the platform square on the ground.
- The droid on the block jumped on the platform. Meanwhile, the one holding the platform jumped on the block itself. This lets you pick up the second platform.
- With the above, you should be able to use the third droid so that it also carries a platform, giving you enough height to tag the Monument Sprite.
The above steps allowed me to tag the Monument Sprite, which then floated back outside. Eventually, you’ll see it enter the Passing Through puzzle room. As an aside, if you want to solve this particular room’s challenge, you can check our High Ground puzzle guide.
How to Follow the Monument Sprite in the Passing Through Puzzle
Here’s a summary on what you need to do to solve the Passing Through puzzle:
- Grab the Hexahedron and control the second droid. Then, have it use the Jammer to make the barrier disappear.
- One droid should pick up the platform, while the other droid has to do the following:
- Pick up the Jammer and hop on the Hexahedron block.
- Target the first barrier with the Jammer, and make sure the device is placed on the block just as the droid falls down.
Since the first barrier will get unlocked, both droids should be able to move out to the main area. The Jammer can then be picked up and used on the barrier that shields the terminal.
If you do the above, you should be able to touch the sprite once more. It will continue to float at the back of the puzzle room and down the mountain pass. Follow it all the way to the Monument to receive your reward.
That’s it: that’s everything you need to know about where to find the Desolate Island Monument Sprite in The Talos Principle 2. For other tips and tactics, you can visit our Talos 2 guides hub.