Holy Forbidden is a hidden stage in Vampire Survivors, and you’ll need to beat it for the Yellow Sign Relic. However, the stage is one of the more difficult ones you’ll face, and you’re likely looking for tips and tricks for getting past it. After all, you’ll need its reward to beat Red Death.
Tips For Defeating Holy Forbidden in Vampire Survivors
If we could give only one tip to help you beat Holy Forbidden, we highly recommend that you do one thing: Run. This stage features a map that is unlike any other in the game. It forces you to just sprint for your life to the right through a linear path.
Make sure you come equipped to seize victory (and the Yellow Sign Relic) the soonest you can. Pausing is not allowed in this stage, and enemies’ attacks will crush you, so it’s better to dodge and run to survive it. Here are our tips for you to do so efficiently:
- Pick a character with a high “Movespeed” stat. You cannot afford to have a slow runner in this stage.
- Destroy as many light sources as you can to collect Floor Chicken to heal. No matter how well you think you can dodge and run, it is inevitable that you take some damage in this stage so having the ability to heal up when needed is important.
- Do not pick characters that have randomized attacks like Clerici (Santa Water).
- Use characters that have directional attacks like Gennaro, who has his Knife, or Antonio with a Whip.
- We know we said healing is important, but so is running. In this case, never return for a chicken if you missed it by a hair, especially if it’s near a wave of enemies.
When you reach a sea of Stained Glass, you’ll find the Yellow Sign Relic. Once collected, this stage will be completed and will be permanently inaccessible.
Best Characters to Reach Holy Forbidden
You can use characters that can help you beat Moongolow but will not give you access to Holy Forbidden. To make sure you reach the hidden stage, only use standard characters:
If you fail to complete Holy Forbidden, you can always restart it from the Stage Selection menu.
How to Unlock Holy Forbidden in Vampire Survivors
To unlock Holy Forbidden in Vampire Survivors, you need to survive the horde on the Moongolow bonus stage for 15 minutes and defeat its boss while using a standard character. If you haven’t unlocked Moongolow yet, simply unlock Hyper Mode in four stages.
Defeating the boss in this bonus stage transports you to the hidden stage Holy Forbidden. You can complete Moonglow several times but getting transported to Holy Forbidden only happens the first time you beat the boss.
Now that you know how to beat Holy Forbidden and have the Yellow Sign Relic, you’ll be better equipped to find hidden items in other areas of the game. For more tips, such as how to unlock characters like Leda or upgrade Garlic into Soul Eater, click those links or run over to our Vampire Survivors guides hub.