Having your characters and party progress and gain levels is integral if you want to defeat the Imperium’s enemies with ease. There are multiple ways to do so, but some are better than others. Here’s our guide on the best ways to level up fast in Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader.
How to Earn More XP and Level Up Fast in Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader
You can earn more XP and level up fast in Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader through various means. Here’s a quick summary of what to focus on:
- Winning battles and defeating enemies — This is basically the most common method of acquiring XP in the game. Just kill a lot of hostiles and be victorious in battles. Naturally, this means making use of your companion’s capabilities. We encourage you to check our guides regarding the Psyker build and Operative build so you can understand how to make the most out of these archetypes.
- Passing skill checks and dialogue checks — There are countless moments when you’ll be able to use your chosen skills to achieve a certain result. We discuss this further below, but you’ll you may want to know how skill checks work to reap the greatest benefits.
- Conviction/alignment-based replies — You also earn additional XP if you select a response that changes your disposition. You can learn more in our conviction and alignment guide.
- Planetary scans — Roaming around the Koronus Expanse leads to numerous star systems and planets. Each planet that you scan, whether it has a resource or not, grants 50 XP. I personally try to explore as much as I can on the off-chance that my characters would level up. It’s also worth noting that some points of interest have mini-dungeons that you can clear.
One more important facet to take note of is that all characters in your group earn an equal amount of XP, and they all level up at the same time. I find this one of the most helpful features of the game since I don’t need to worry about a certain companion lagging behind in case I barely used them beforehand.
Exploit Skill Checks for More Experience Points
As an aside, I mentioned passing a lot of skill checks, whether you’re conversing with someone or you just need to open a crate. Here are the most important ones to consider based on my playthrough:
- Logic and Tech-Use: Pasqal already has high stats.
- Persuasion, Coercion, and Lore (Imperium): Cassia already has high stats.
- Lore (Xenos): Yrliet already has high stats.
- Demolition: Sister Argenta already has high stats.
Bear in mind that skill checks can also occur when you get storybook events, which are few and far between. Each skill check that you pass successfully grants even more XP. I also advise you to make a support-type character that has high Fellowship for other Persuasion checks before you recruit Cassia.
That’s how to earn more XP and level up fast in Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader. Since you’re already keen on boosting your party further, you might want to know how to respec characters during the campaign. For other tips and tactics, you can check out our WH40K: RT guides hub.