It’s always fun when you need to spend time exploring a facility, slowly succumbing to poison as you search for a way out. Don’t fumble around blindly. Here’s how to complete the Unending War Ancient Bunker in Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader.
How to Clear the Unending War Ancient Bunker in Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader
You can clear the Unending War Ancient Bunker in Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader by reaching the facility’s control room and disabling the poison gas. You’ll find this particular point of interest in the Nameless Stars system on a planet called Oasis V.
When you first enter, your entire party will get afflicted with Melting Venom, which causes damage every few seconds. Even if you already know how to heal wounds and injuries, I don’t recommend wasting Medkits at all. That’s because there are fumes all over the bunker, and healing only offers a temporary respite until you take damage once more.
When I first explored the Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader Ancient Bunker, I was very perplexed because so many doors were locked. Little did I know that I had to progress gradually, even if there was a deadly toxin permeating the area.
- From the first corridor, head to the small room to the left. Inside, you’ll find the Worn Seal. This is an item required for Jae’s companion quest.
- Also in the room to the left, you’ll find the Officer’s Key, which grants you access to the archives.
- The large room that’s adjacent to the lockers has the Decayed Scroll, which gives you a background on events that have transpired.
- The mess hall to the north and the small chamber adjacent to that have a couple of items. The first is the Officer’s Diary, which has a lore entry. The second is the Old Key, which lets you enter the warehouse.
How to Cleanse the Poison Gas in the Ancient Bunker
Here’s what you need to do next now that you have access to the northern part of the bunker:
- Check the small room next to the mess hall to find the Old Valve. This lets you enter the control room in the center of the facility.
- Place the valve in the device’s slot. Then, unlock the nearby door to see a terminal. Interact with the terminal and choose the “activate the emergency ventilation system” and “activate automated defense systems” options. The first causes the poison gas to dissipate. The second, meanwhile, spawns a couple of enemies later.
- Before returning to the entrance, go to the end of the hallway to the north. Flip the switch and check the wall downstairs for the Vox With Winterscale Emblem.
- Enter the small room in the lower-right portion of the facility to find a Melta Charge and a Sworn Protector. The latter is an LAS rifle that requires the Iconoclast — Adherent rank, and it also grants +1 resolve for each enemy you kill in combat.
How to Exit the Ancient Bunker
Finally, it’s time to leave the Unending War Ancient Bunker in Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader. Flip the switch near the entranceway and save your game. As you approach your shuttle, three mechanized turrets will spawn. Depending on your squad setup, this might be an easy encounter or a very painful one. Here’s what I did during this battle:
- I had Cassia use Point of Curiosity, a Navigator spell that causes affected enemies to move closer to a single tile. That meant the turrets were all bunched up together.
- Cassia’s Lidless Stare also has the chance to stun enemies that fail a Willpower skill check, and I’ve noticed that the turrets didn’t even attack because of this.
- I followed this up by having Yrliet and Sister Argenta blast them with sniper shots and burst-fire barrages respectively.
- It was a quick mop-up after a single round.
By clearing this area, you’ll be able to loot some additional rewards:
- Combi-Tool – +10 Tech-Use.
- Multikey usable item (i.e. lockpick).
However, it’s important to know that you should do everything in the dungeon in a single run. The poison gas will return when you go back, and you’ll have no way to cleanse it.
That’s how to clear the Unending War Ancient Bunker in Warhammer 40K: Rogue Trader. Since you’re already exploring the stars, you might want to investigate other rumors, such as the Drifting Voidship Puzzle and the Distress Signal. For other tips and tactics, you can check out our WH40K: RT guides hub.