Warzone 2 connects players in online matches, but of course, that means players can also become disconnected. Whether you are playing over Wi-Fi or a LAN connection, there’s a chance you could disconnect from a match. Here’s how to rejoin a match in Warzone 2.
How to Rejoin a Match in Warzone 2
It’s easy for players to get frustrated with unstable connections, especially when it comes to disconnecting right in the middle of good gameplay. Thankfully, Activision released a Beta rejoin feature in the Season 4 patch — Though, rejoining a match isn’t always guaranteed. Here are the various requirements to use the Rejoin feature.
Match Rejoin Requirements
- You must attempt your reconnect within 4 minutes of disconnecting.
- At least 1 Squad member must remain alive
- Solo playlists are exempt from this.
- At least 5 squads must remain in the match
- Playlist updates that go live during a match in progress will prevent the Rejoin feature from working.
Ranked Match Rejoin Requirements
Ranked has its own requirements to keep things fair in the competitive format. Here are the requirements specific to Ranked matches.
- If a player repeatedly disconnects, they’ll be temporarily unable to rejoin.
- When a player disconnects, their operator will remain in match and can be eliminated as if they were playing.
- Players that have been eliminated for over 3 minutes and intentionally disconnect via ‘Leave Match’ option will not be able to Rejoin.
- Players who disconnect while operating a vehicle will be ejected from the driver’s seat.
- Players who disconnect early and do not rejoin will receive SR Penalties and Matchmaking Suspensions.
Known Issues in the Beta Phase
Since the feature is in Beta phase, it’s understandable that there may be some hiccups. However, it seems Activision is keeping a close eye on things. Here are the known issues being addressed.
- The last remaining teammate disconnecting will result in a bad spectator experience while the final teammate reconnects.
- Rejoining while in the driver seat of a vehicle will remove the player’s hands, but it can be resolved by simply switching weapons.
Well, that’s it for how to rejoin a match in Call of Duty: Warzone 2. You can find mission walkthroughs, and more, at our Call of Duty: Warzone 2 guides hub here.