Healing as a Spellslinger in WildStar can be tricky. The class is very mobile and most heals reflect that. The class resource of Spell Power also is very important to being a good Spellslinger healer.
Even more so than damage dealing builds, healing builds aren’t set in stone. You’ll find yourself changing a few abilities depending on the situation and what you need more.
I’ll go over the build I use, as well as substitutions when needed. If you’re looking for a damage dealing guide to Spellslinger, check out my Spellslinger DPS Guide.
For anything else related to WildStar, check out our WildStar Guides. Get ready to blast your friends in the face with heals!
This guide will go over my Spellslinger Healing Build including:
- Limited Action Set Build – Every ability I use and what they do.
- AMP Build – Every AMP I use, what they do, and why I chose them.
- Rotation Tips – Basic rotation and priority list for this build.
Limited Action Set Build
If you’d like to see exactly what the build looks like, look up Synzer’s Healslinger Build on ws-base.com. The guide below explains everything I’ve chosen and why.
This build is for level 50 PvE. It does not use the extra ability and AMP points you can get. So this uses 41 Ability Points and 45 AMP points.
- Runic Healing (Tier 4) – This is your main targeted heal, but doesn’t mean it is a must have. You can only heal one person with this. It’s a 2 second channel that uses up 4 focus per tick.
- A nice cheap way to heal someone taking lower damage.
- Does more healing when you stand still. Do this as much as possible.
- Tier 4 decreases magic damage done to the target.
- I’ve seen builds not use this at all and that’s okay! I use it though.
- Vitality Burst (Tier 4) (Need) – Charged skill (up to 3) that targets yourself and 4 allies.
- Great heal and the tier 4 makes this a must have.
- Tier 4 increases outgoing healing for 5 seconds by 4%/6%/8% for each respective charge.
- Healing Salve (Tier 4) (Need) – This is a heal over time(HOT) that targets yourself and 9 allies with a 1 second cast time. It activates when you take damage.
- Always Spell Surge this. Also tier 4 reduces the frequency of healing to every second, which increases the healing it does by a lot.
- This and voidspring contribute to Healing Torrent, which I’ll explain next.
- Healing Torrent (Tier 4) (Need) – 1.3 second cast heal that targets yourself and 4 allies.
- It is important to note that the cost of this ability increases by 9 each time you use it within 8 seconds of the previous use and stacks 2 times.
- It is a good idea to use an add-on to track its use so you don’t use it too much and waste focus.
- Tier 4 grants an absorb to all allies under the effects of Healing Salve or Voidspring.
- Voidspring (Base) (Need) – Targeted location heal that lasts for 12 seconds and heals everyone in area.
- Fantastic area heal. Since they fixed the glitch, you can put the field wherever you want, you know, as intended.
- Sustain (Base) – Charged area heal that targets yourself and 4 allies.
- Great burst area heal with a low cost.
- Purify (Tier 4) – Instant heal that also cleanses 2 debuffs.
- You only need this when you need to cleanse. Tier 4 is great because it also breaks root and snares.
- Affinity (Base) – Targeted ability for one person. Increases healing done to the target by 10% for 10 seconds.
- Great on tanks or people taking extra damage.
Only the abilities with (Need) should always be used. The others depend on what you want to do. If you don’t need to cleanse, take off Purify. Runes of Protection is a great skill to use as well, that I use most of the time.
If you really want to have it, and everything else, I’d take out Sustain, Runic Healing, or maybe Affinity.
- Tier 1
- Support Power 1-3 – Combined, they increase support power by 7.5%.
- Focus Recovery 1-3 – Combined, they increase focus recovery rate by 0.3 per second.
- Focus Cost 1-3 – Combined, they reduce the focus cost by 6%.
- Tier 2
- Burst Power – Landing a critical heal generates 6 spell power. Can only occur every 6 seconds.
- Clarity – Landing a heal grants 10% chance to gain Efficiency. Reduces focus cost by 20% for 4 seconds.
- Augmented Armor – Landing a heal on an ally affected by Affinity, Runes of Protection, or Healing salve, grant Defense. Increases armor rating by 8% for 10 seconds.
- Tier 3
- Desperation – While focus is under 100, after 2 seconds generates 50 focus every 2 seconds for 8 seconds. Can only occur every 2 minutes.
- Healing Torrent – Unlock the ability.
- Healing Aura – Using a spell surged ability causes you are 4 allies within 35 meters to recover health every second for 5 seconds.
Hybrid A/S AMPs
- Tier 1
- Critical Hit Severity 1-3 – Combined, increases critical hit severity by 12%.
- Critical Hit 1-3 – Combined, increases critical hit chance by 6%.
- Tier 2
- Power Surge – Increases Assault and Support power by 8.6% of current maximum while under the effects of Spell Surge.
Burst Power helps you spell surge more often.
Clarity and Desperation helps reduce focus costs and regain focus so you can keep healing.
I didn’t have Augmented Armor when I took the screenshot, but after using it, I suggest to take this one over Holy Roller. Helps with survivability.
Healing Aura is a free, extra heal over time.
Power Surge gives a great boost to Support power to increase your heals.
As a healer, you won’t always have a set rotation, but there are skills that complement others. I’ll let you know which those are and the preferred order to use them in.
For a more visual rotation, visit the build on ws-base.com.
- Healing Salve is amazing and should be used every time it is off cooldown (CD). After that, use Vitality Burst because it increases the amount of healing you do.
- If you have Runic Healing, use it for light heals and to keep up the Tier 4 Defense.
- Use Healing Torrent when your group has Healing Salve on them or in Voidspring. They should always have Healing Salve on, so this shouldn’t be a problem.
- Voidspring and Sustain for when you need area heals.
- When using Purify to cleanse often, use it every time the CD is up.
- Use Affinity on any target that needs more haling than usual.
That’s it for my Spellslinger Healing build for WildStar. For other tips and guides, visit our WildStar Guides.
If you have any questions, or suggestions of your own build, let me know in the comments!