The “tired soldiers” mechanic is back in the War of the Chosen DLC for XCOM 2. This means that you won’t be able to draft the same soldiers for all of your missions, or else they’ll be more vulnerable to acquiring negative traits.
There are a few ways to deal with tired soldiers in War of the Chosen — and even a cheat for a system file, in case you don’t want to deal with the fatigue at all in your game. Keep on reading this guide for all the info you need.
How to Remove Soldier Fatigue in XCOM 2: War of the Chosen
Method 1: Let Your Soldiers Rest
The best way to deal with tired soldiers is to just let them rest. Don’t draft them and send on another mission right away. Otherwise, they will be more prone to panic and completely useless against Psionic attacks.
But there is still a way out even if you’ve allowed your squad mates to earn these negative traits.
Method 2: Build an Infirmary
After you’ve built your Guerilla Tactics School and Resistance Ring, it would be a good idea to also build an Infirmary. There you can heal not only your wounded soldiers, but also the shaken ones that have acquired certain negative traits.
You could also add a Hypervital Module to your Infirmary, if you need to use an especially effective squadmate for another mission. Here’s how it works:
- When deploying soldiers on a mission, there’ll be a new button labeled “Revitalize Soldiers” at the bottom of the screen.
- Revitalizing will restore the soldier to full HP and Will for that particular mission.
- The soldier will return to their previous injured and/or tired state after the mission.
- Revitalization costs 1 Elerium Core to use.
- A particular soldier can only be revitalized once per campaign.
Method 3: Edit the System File
Technically this is a cheat, but XCOM 2 playerbase is known for using console commands to make the game easier — which is understandable, given the immense difficulty of the missions.
Here’s how you can turn off the fatigue mechanic in War of the Chosen permanently:
1. Locate the following directory on your hard drive “XCOM 2XCom2-WarOfTheChosenXComGameConfig”
2. Find and open the “DefaultGameData.ini” file.
3. Search for the following lines in the text and edit them as stated below:
5. Save and close the file
6. In the file’s properties set it to “Read Only.”
With the help of these tips you should be able to deal with tired soldiers pretty easily. And in case you need some other XCOM 2 guides, then take a look at these options: