The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom item dupe glitch works on the many materials you’ll find across Hyrule, the Depths, and the Sky Islands. If you use this exploit, it can lead to all sorts of possibilities, including a lot of Rupees. Here’s our guide to help you duplicate materials for infinite money in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
How to Duplicate Materials for Infinite Money in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
The TotK item dupe methods are making the rounds and include ways to make infinite money. This process involves having at least two bows, as well as the material that you want more of. Here’s how to duplicate materials in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom:
- With a bow equipped, press up on the D-pad to bring up the material to be attached to your arrow.
- Pick the item you want to dupe, but don’t fire your arrow. Instead, press the + button to open your bow inventory screen.
- Drop the first bow that you were using.
- Equip another bow (i.e., your second bow).
- This part is extremely important: You’ll need to press the + button twice in quick succession, basically unpausing then pausing again immediately. I had to try this a couple of times to get it right, but it shouldn’t cause too many headaches once you’re used to it.
- Drop your second bow.
- Pick up both bows.
If you did it right, the amount of the item you attached to your arrow should increase. As you can see in the two images below, I gained an extra Light Dragon Scale after a successful attempt. This is how you do the Zelda: Tears of Kingdom items and materials dupe glitch. Just lather, rinse, and repeat for all sorts of loot in the game. And infinite Rupees.
Infinite Money and Other Uses for the TotK Materials Duplication Exploit
For the most part, the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom infinite money exploit from duping items works like this. It would generally require obtaining extras of some expensive items, such as Diamonds, which sell for 500 rupees each. That goes for other gems and valuable items, too, including Rubies, Topazes, Dragon Scales, Star Fragments, and more.
I’ve listed a few other uses for the item dupe glitch below. I also suggest thinking of various possibilities, since this exploit works on any material that can be attached to an arrow.
- Fuse Materials and extra damage boosts: Items like the Silver Lynel Horn and Ancient Blade provide a huge DPS boost when fused to your weapons or attached to your arrows.
- Health, stamina, and resistance-related ingredients: You’ll never have to worry about lacking the ingredients for meals ever again.
- Endura Carrots: Need some for the horse upgrades provided by Malanya? Now you have a potentially unlimited supply.
- Crystallized Charges: Want to increase your Energy Cell? You can have a lot of these, too.
- Zonai Devices – Enjoy limitless exploration when you have countless Rockets and Batteries.
This is just one of the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom item dupe methods. There’s another one that follows a slightly similar concept, but it allows you to make copies of your melee weapons, bows, and shields. And, of course, once you’re done amassing all the gear and wealth, you can check out other walkthroughs and tips on our Zelda: TotK guides page.