The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Ride the Wind puzzle is located in the Gatakis Shrine. You’ll be… well, riding the wind in this one, so get your paraglider ready. Here’s our guide to help you solve the Gatakis Shrine Ride the Wind puzzle in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
Gatakis Shrine Puzzle Solution in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
TotK Gatakis Shrine Location
The Gatakis Shrine is located in the Hebra region to the northwest of Lookout Landing. It’s just west of Rito Village and south of Rospro Pass Skyview Tower. On the map, its coordinates are (1062, 1279, 0045).
TotK Gatakis Ride the Wind Walkthrough
Ride the Wind is a three-stage puzzle spread across three rooms. I found this Shrine fairly straightforward, but like all things in TotK, there are a lot of solutions. Feel free to experiment.
First Ride the Wind Puzzle Solution
In the first room of Gatakis Shrine in Tears of the Kingdom, you’ll have to glide across a large gap. Here’s what I did:
- Glide across to the lower level, where you’ll find a fan to your left and a bunch of scary-looking lasers to your right. You’ll have to glide across here, too.
- Position yourself so Link is standing between the two vertical lasers on the left side, and glide over.
Second Ride the Wind Puzzle Solution and Shrine Chest
In the next area, you’ll find yourself above a rotating stone device with a section cut out of it. A large fan below it creates a constant updraft, so you can’t just float down through the gap. This is also easier than it looks. Here’s what I did:
- Jump down and use your paraglider to position yourself above the hole. You will probably need to lead the rotating stone device because of how fast it moves.
- De-equip the paraglider to fall, but if it looks like you’re going to miss the hole, re-equip it to float back up.
- Once you are through the hole, make sure you immediately angle to your left.
That’s where the platform with this Shrine’s chest is. Beware of the Zoanite Construct sitting on the platform armed with fire arrows. Take him out quickly, and then claim the chest to get a Strong Construct Bow.
Third Ride the Wind Puzzle Solution
Okay, time to finish this thing. Here’s what to do:
- Once you have the chest, turn around, and you’ll see another two platforms with Constructs facing a small hole you can glide through.
- Jump off the platform with the chest and glide towards the opening. You may have to de-equip and then re-equip the paraglider to manage your descent.
- Once you’re through, use the paraglider to rise to the top of the room. Head up to the platform to claim your reward: a Blessing of Light!
And that’s how to complete the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Ride the Wind puzzle in Gatakis Shrine. For more tips, tricks, and walkthroughs, visit our Zelda: TotK guides hub.