You’re likely interested in all the details about the Arcane Tower elevator and secrets in Baldur’s Gate 3. This landmark found in an underground region might not seem much, until you realize that it’s defended by turrets. There are even hidden passageways to discover. Here’s what you need to know.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Arcane Elevator and Secrets Guide
The Baldur’s Gate 3 Arcane Tower is found in the southwestern corner of the Underdark (X:1; Y:-280). There are several tasks that you can complete in this location. Here’s a quick summary:
- In the open area and interior, you need to get past multiple turrets.
- The elevator isn’t working, and you have to find a way to activate it.
- If you’ve already visited the Myconid Colony, a Mind Flayer named Omeluum claims to have a cure, but it needs herbs from the tower.
- A sentry named Bernard responds to specific quotes.
How to Avoid the Turrets
Upon reaching the Baldur’s Gate 3 Arcane Tower, the first thing we need to do is get away from the turrets. The game will automatically switch to turn-based mode, since you have to control characters individually. The idea is to stand behind obstacles, such as pillars and rock formations, so that you can end your turn without getting blasted by a turret’s beam. Here’s what I did during my playthrough:
- Before tackling this objective, I suggest having at least one character with the Feather Fall spell, or at least a Scroll of Feather Fall.
- From the open area, I had my group move to the far edge along the cliffside.
- Once there, I had my characters jump to the mushroom ledges protruding from the tower’s wall.
- Upon reaching a certain segment, jumping down would’ve caused a lot of damage. However, if you cast Feather Fall, the group should be able to float leap downward without any issues.
The reason why I prefer this method is because the tower’s interior is also filled with turrets. I don’t recommend going inside since the elevator isn’t working yet. As such, you’ll run in, only to realize that you still need to look for a way out.
How to Activate the Elevator and Find Omeluum’s Herbs
To activate the Arcane Tower elevator in Baldur’s Gate 3, you need to make your way to the base of the structure via the mushroom platforms. Upon reaching the backyard, you’ll see a tree, as well as a flower with a blue glow. This is a Sussur Tree Flower.
Open the door and check out the generator. You should be able to add the Sussur Tree Flower via the interface. This disables all the turrets, while also activating the elevator. Now, you’ll be able to explore the building.
Check out the tables and shelves for various plants. You should spot the Timmask Spores and Tongue of Madness herbs that Omeluum needs for his errand.
How to Find the Correct Responses for Bernard the Robot
The next task that we need to do in the Baldur’s Gate 3 Arcane Tower is to look for various books lying around. Make sure to hold the Alt button to highlight objects. Likewise, check the shelves and containers, and read every document and book that you find.
Once you go to the top of the tower, you’ll meet Bernard, a robot/sentry that only responds to specific quotes that you found in those books. Here are the choices:
- “Or art thou friend, a rescue from my lonely wake”: This opens up other dialogue options, depending on the books you’ve read.
- “How can I trust? How will I ever know?”: Bernard gives you the Guiding Light ring. You can pick it up from the table right beside him.
- “The silence stretches on, I’m all alone”: Bernard will hug you.
- “These empty sheets are all that’s left of you”: Hands over a Greater Healing Potion.
- “There is a light in every living thing.”: Avoid this response at all costs, as this will make Bernard attack you.
How to Access the Secret Basement Area
When you first entered the back door of the Arcane Tower, you might’ve wondered why there’s a room that can’t be accessed. Well, you’ll soon be able to reach it. Make sure that you replied to Bernard with: “How can I trust? How will I ever know?”
Pick up the Guiding Light ring and equip it. When you approach the elevator, you’ll see that you can interact with another button, and that leads straight down to the basement. There, you can find various items, such as the Staff of Arcane Blessing and Sparkswall.
That’s everything you need to know about the Arcane Tower in Baldur’s Gate 3. It might be tucked away in a distant area, but it’s worth exploring. For more tips and tactics, visit our BG3 guides hub.