GameSkinny Policies on Comments and Articles
1. I want someone else's article deleted
We typically do not remove articles with the exception of threats, personally endangering information, and hate speech.
While members may unintentionally (or intentionally) make inaccurate or misleading remarks, articles are a form of personal expression, and we do our best not to censor them with the above stated exceptions.
GameSkinny does reserve the right to remove articles that meet the above criteria. If an article is otherwise of a level we would typically promote, we will move it to draft first, and have a discussion with the author about making edits to the tone of the piece.
GameSkinny has a commitment to its readers to share accurate information, and inaccurate or misleading content will not be intentionally promoted out of the Lobby. In short: Don't expect to get very far with poor content quality.
To report an article that meets the requirements for removal, select "Comment" under the article and type in REPORT ARTICLE, followed by the reason you believe it qualifies for removal. Our community manager or editors will check out the post and review your report.
2. I want my article deleted
Open up your Editors Notes area and let us know. If possible, please add the reason why. (We care about your experience, feelings and feedback, and will likely ask if you don't let us know off the bat.)
3. Someone copied my article
Those jerks. Email us at DMCA[at]GameSkinny.com with the following:
- Your contact information.
- Name of the content that was copied.
- Address of the copied content.
- Statement that you have a good faith belief use of the material in the manner reported is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- Statement that information in your notification report is accurate.
- Statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are authorized to act for the copyright holder.
- Your signature (digital signing is fine).
4. Someone says I copied their article when I didn't
Are you sure? It's pretty unusual for someone to go through the trouble if they don't honestly believe they've been copied. That said, if you've been notified someone says you copied their material via a DMCA takedown notice when you didn't, please email us at DMCA [at] GameSkinny.com with the following:
- Your contact info
- URL and title of the removed content
- Statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief the material was mistakenly removed.
- A statement consenting to the jurisdiction of your local US Federal District Court, or, if outside the US, to a US Federal District Court in any jurisdiction in which GameSkinny is found.
- Your signature (digital is fine).
1. I want someone else's comment deleted
We typically do not remove comments with the exception of threats, personally endangering information, and hate speech.
While members may unintentionally (or intentionally) make inaccurate or misleading remarks, comments are a place to express opinions and point of view, and we do our best not to censor them with the above stated exceptions.
To report a comment that meets the requirements for removal, select "reply" under the comment and type in REPORT COMMENT.
To deal with comments you don't like that don't meet standards for removal, you are welcome to respond directly to comments to refute/disprove his remarks, create a response post, or simply ignore them.
2. I want my comment deleted
No problem! Go to the page your comment is on, click edit, remove the text and write "deleted." Preferably "deleted by commenter" so that no one thinks our community manager went on a comment deleting rampage. We do our best to avoid that. (See #1 for why.)
3. Someone copied my comment
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? We haven't heard this complaint yet, but in the spirit of humoring my mild case of OCD I needed to add this one. If someone really has copied your comment and you want something done about it, contact support through the feedback button on the right side of your screen.
4. Someone says I copied their comment when I didn't
Okay, this is just getting ridiculous. You two work it out or so help me I'll turn this site around.