First Info on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5
We all knew it was coming from weeks on weeks of hints, but the first infodump on Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 has landed! This makes the first main installment Tony Hawk game since Proving Ground in ’07 and the first Pro Skater title in 12 years. Though Activision’s still attached as publisher, Robomodo and Disruptive Games are taking the helm on development.
Robomodo is responsible for Tony Hawk: Ride and Tony Hawk: Shred; both of their contributions to the Tony Hawk series have received their fair share of flak, so we’ll see how that plays out.
- Create-A-Park, and the ability to share your custom parks online
- Will feature solo, co-op, and competitive modes, plus online play
- Tony Hawk (Tony, if you read this, I’m not calling you old; you, like the other things on this sub-list, have been in the Pro Skater games before. You’re beautiful.)
- Power-ups and projectiles (the latter of which you can only use in certain missions)
- You can level up your character and use them for all modes of play
- New pro skaters: Nyjah Huston, Aaron Homoki, Ishod Wair, Riley Hawk, Lizzie Armanto, Chris Cole, David Gonzalez, Leticia Bufoni, and Andrew Reynolds
- Expect new skaters “influenced by the original [Tony Hawk Pro Skater] titles”
I’m not sure what projectiles you’ll shoot in a Tony Hawk game, but otherwise this sounds like a solid throwback to the Hawk of yore. Expert Pro Skater 5 to drop on PS4 and XboxOne later this year, with previous-gen versions to follow.