The Power of Kickstarter
With a number of highly successful Kickstarter campaigns finishing this week, Joystiq decided to crunch the numbers--and the results are interesting. It just goes to show the generosity of people on the internet when they see something they like! I'm sure all the awesome perks had absolutely nothing to do with it.
The epic new title from MegaMan creator, Keiji Inafune, Mighty No. 9 alone raised more than four million dollars!
Here's a list from Joystiq that breaks down how awesome each campaign was:
- Mighty No. 9 by Comcept - $3,845,170 (427.24%) by 67,226 people ($57.20 mean average)
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero by WayForward - $776,084 (194.02%) by 18,558 people ($41.82 mean average)
- Sunless Sea by Failbetter Games - $161,769 (168.00%) by 4,271 people ($37.88 mean average)
- DCS WWII: Europe 1944 by Ilya Shevchenko - $158,897 (158.90%) by 2,553 people ($62.24 mean average)
- Neverending Nightmares by Matt Gilgenbach - $106,722 (107.80%) by 3,608 people ($29.58 mean average)
- Penguemic by LearnDistrict Inc - $50,332 (100.66%) by 313 people ($160.81 mean average)
- Mysterious Cities of Gold by Ynnis Interactive - $46,680 (155.60%) by 1,158 people ($40.31 mean average)
- Hot Tin Roof by Glass Bottom Games - $25,457 (127.29%) by 1,244 people ($20.46 mean average)
- Data Hacker: Corruption by Ross Tunney - $9,736 (485.36%) by 249 people ($39.10 mean average)
- Neo-Victorian Skirmish Squad by Terncraft Games - $8,122 (108.29%) by 128 people ($63.45 mean average)
Check out this interactive infographic for a complete breakdown of all the fun facts and figures:
Congratulations to all the projects that were successful, I wish you the best of luck!