[Video] Next Generation MMO Games: What's Next for Multiplayer Trends?
This year's PAX East was graced with our Next Gen MMO panel! It was epic fun and quite interesting.
Thanks to our great panelists (from left to right on stage):
- Stephan Frost (Design Producer, Carbine Studios)
- Ian Fisher (Director of Design, Robot Entertainment)
- Dave Georgeson (Director of Development, Sony Online Entertainment)
- Kjartan Pierre Emilsson (Principal Game Designer, EVE/CCP)
- Stephen Johnston (President, Guild Launch)
With this panel you get to hear, right from the developers, where they think the industry as a whole will go as we roll into the next generation of MMOs.
- Why do you love your job? 1:50
- What do you see as the strongest evolutionary force in MMOs right now? What impact will it have? 3:50
- What do you consider the most effective business model? Do you think we'll see any new business models in the next five years? 8:00
- Player generated content? 15:10
- How are MOBAs changing the landscape for MMOs? 22:05
- What do you see as the biggest challenge facing MMOs in the next five years? 28:30
- What do you imagine for the future of MMOs? 34:05
- Audience Questions 39:40
Again thanks to our awesome panelists and even more thanks to the seemingly endless line of people who attended!