Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Update Adds Lithariel Skin
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor has recently received a new update, which allows you to 'play as' Lithariel, a female character who you aid in the fight against Sauron during the game's story. She is the Warrior Commander of the Tribesmen of Nurn.
Along side the new Lithariel skin is a new Trials of War mission, called Test of Defiance, where you play as the aforementioned Lithariel.
Lithariel ready to take on the might of the Orcs, and Uruks.
This new update is similar to a free DLC as it adds new content not just bug fixes.
What is the Test of Defiance?
As Lithariel you are only human, so no wraith. This means you cannot use wraith powers, or cheat death. In Test of Defiance if you die you fail. Good news because as Lithariel you do more melee damage, but you do have less armour. The main objective is to kill 6 Warchiefs and 15 Captains, which is no small feat, especially when you cannot save, and quitting means failure.
Also added in this update is a new rune, called Defiant to the End. It gives you the an extra last chance, meaning you can be downed twice.
The bug fixes for all platforms
The bug fixes which have are released in the update are:
- Photo Mode: The controller drain/brand SFX persists when Photo Mode is up. Brand SFX no longer persist when pausing through photo mode during a drain or brand sequence.
- Power of Shadow: The hood of the Black Hand's cloak in the front end appears covering half his face. Eye FX issue fixed for the Black Hand skin in the front end menu. Glowing eyes effect misplaced on Black Hand's face when dismissing title screen.
- UI/VFX still show Talion as poisoned when One With Nature (Epic) Dagger Rune is equipped.
- Player can receive duplicate Epic Runes by killing multiple captains with dispatch.
- MOTD is not cycling after one rotation.
Specific to PC, Nvidia SLI is now supported.
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor's latest update is out now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC. Unfortunately there is no update for last-generation systems.