Bloodborne Boss Guide - Beating the Cleric Beast
You are now ready good hunter after making your way through Yharnam's treacherous streets of the infected. You are now well aware of the challenges ahead in Bloodborne.
If ever in need, make sure to look here for tips and guides on your journey.
Head back to the Hunter's Dream to repair your weapons and fully stock up on needed supplies. Be sure to have an extra 5,400 Blood Echoes handy to purchase these:
- (20) Blood Vials
- (10) Molotov Cocktails (trust me, you're going to need these)
Note: I say "extra" because repairing or fortifying your weapons does cost Blood Echoes as well.
The Great Bridge
The first boss you'll encounter will be on the Great Bridge named the Cleric Beast. You need to beat this guy if you want to unlock the next checkpoint, if not you'll be stuck at the beginning for eternity--muah haha. This monster is huge and ugly. He has one really huge arm and a smaller arm. He's not very friendly either.
Take careful note of your surroundings as this is a narrow bridge. You won't have many places to run. The Molotov Cocktails will cause 148 damage with each hit, but remember timing is key since this beast moves a lot.
- Lock-on with the RS or R3 button to guide your Molotov Cocktails
- Avoid holding the Square button too long to throw them so you don't over aim; this will cause you to waste your precious asset, which can cost you dearly
- Remember to keep moving at all times
- Never stand still or this will result in your ultimate demise
I chose to use the Saw Cleaver against this monstrous foe by using the L1 button to transform it, it's really your preference.
- Once he's hit with the molotov, he'll fall to his knees
- Move in with your weapon to make your powerful R1 and R2 button attacks
- Quickly backaway by using the Circle button as he stands up
- Avoid getting grabbed or he'll slam you to the ground; this will either takeaway precious health or instantly kill you
- Slash at his legs and feet
- Don't forget to keep a close eye on your health
- Use your Blood Vials to restore your HP by using the Triangle button
- Continue use between both your molotovs and powerful weapon attacks until your foe is defeated
Each hit will cause 363 damage when he's nailed in the face.
Note: If you run out of Molotovs, don't worry. At this point he should be near death, so just continue to avoid getting grabbed and get your hits in.
Foe is defeated
Once you've taken out the Cleric Beast with extreme prejudice, you'll unlock
- Your next checkpoint
- The Cleric Beast Trophy
- The Sword Hunter Badge
- 4,000 Blood Echoes
- And you can progress to the next stage of the game
Don't forget to look here for tips and guides on your journey. Good luck and happy hunting.