Minecraft PE 0.12.1 is officially out!
The highly awaited 0.12. update for Minecraft Pocket Edition is officially out, and released earlier yesterday (Sep 8, 2015) on Apple Appstore. The update should have launched the same time as Minecraft Windows 10 Edition but, due to some bugs, the update was postponed.
The 0.12 update comes with The Nether, Golems, Zombie Villager, enchantments, weather effects and more! It also lets use your controller and play with other Minecraft Windows 10 Edition players.
Here is the official statement from Mojang.com:
Patch 0.12.1 is packed with content, but one of the most exciting things is that you can now play cross-platform. That means a Windows 10 Edition Beta player can jump into their friend’s world, even if they’re playing on a phone or tablet.
One of our long-term goals for Minecraft is to bring our community closer, and give as many players as possible a chance to play together. This is a small step towards that goal.
If you’re on the same network, just enable “Local Server Multiplayer” on the options screen. Available games will show up in the Play menu.
If you’re extra clever, it’s even possible to play with your friends across the world through the medium of the internet. Unfortunately, setting this up might only work if you have direct access to your router and familiarity with the often frustrating and slightly sad activity known as Port Forwarding. Attempt with caution, crafters.
Online play is something of a work in progress. That said, it’s pretty cool if you get it set up. Click Play, then New, then the funny little plus-sign-arrow-thing in the corner, and add the name and IP address of the server you want to join. Good luck!
What else is in the update?
- The Nether and all its inhabitants. Fight Ghasts and make friends with Pigmen
- Cross platform play for up to five players between Pocket Edition and Windows 10
- Revamped touch controls, controller support, and a controller mapping screen
- Enhanced Weather effects! Accumulating snow and more
- Zombie Villagers can now have professions like farmers or butchers
- Ocelots! Try taming one with a fish
- Experience, Anvils, Brewing, and enchantments. Time to up your game, crafter
- Golems. We recommend you approach with caution
- Flower pots. We recommend you fill them with flowers
- Sneaking and sprinting! Express yourself through movement!
- Loads of bug fixes that are too boring to list here.
- Lots, lots more!
So, exciting right? Which new feature are you excited the most? Let us know your comments down below!