Monster Hunter: World Trailer Reveals Worldwide Release Date
At Sony's pre-Tokyo Game Show press conference, it was revealed that Monster Hunter: World -- the newest entry in Capcom's popular Monster Hunter franchise -- will be released worldwide for PlayStation 4 on January 26, 2018.
Those who pre-order the game will receive the Origin Set Armor and the Fair Wind Charm Talisman, and those who pre-order through the PlayStation store will receive a custom theme as an additional bonus. Additionally, the game will also have a Digital Deluxe Edition and a special Collector's Edition.
The $69.99 Digital Deluxe Edition will include:
- A digital copy of the game
- A Samurai Set skin
- Three gestures
- Two sticker sets
- An additional face paint and hair style option for the hunter
- 14 weapon-themed PlayStation 4 exclusive PSN avatars
These bonuses will also be available for purchase for those fans who pre-ordered the game elsewhere on January 26.
The $149.99 Special Collector's Edition will include:
- A physical copy of the game
- A voucher for the additional customizable options from the Digital Deluxe Edition
- A 32-page hardcover art book
- A high-quality flagship monster statue
- A digital soundtrack code
In Japan, there will also be a special Liolaeus (Rathalos) Edition PlayStation 4 Pro released on December 7 for 49,980 yen (about $447 USD). This exclusive console will include:
- One terabyte hard drive
- Special DualShock 4 controller
- Digital copy of Monster Hunter: World
- Special PS4 theme
- Two months of PlayStation Plus
- Special collector's box
It is currently unknown if this special edition console will be released outside of Japan.
Monster Hunter: World will release worldwide for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 26, 2018, with a PC release at a later date. The flagship monster (aka the monster featured on the cover of the game) will be the newly introduced Nergigante in Japan and the already well-known Rathalos in the West.