Pillars of Eternity 2 Console Commands Cheat Sheet
If you recall the days of inputting endless console commands into the Baldur's Gate series to find every last weapon and item in the game, then prepare yourself for a major rush of nostalgia with the classic Infinity Engine style on display with Pillars of Eternity 2.
Besides the same iconic visual style and real-time-with-pause combat you've come to expect, this sequel to the Kickstarter smash hit also includes a host of console command cheats to lower the difficulty, acquire items without spending any coins, or increase your skills to pass dialogue checks.
Below we cover how to turn on the console command feature, along with all commands currently known.
IMPORTANT: Turning on the Pillars of Eternity 2 cheat engine will disable achievements for that playthrough! Even if you turn cheats off again, achievements will remain disabled for that save game. Sure, you will be able to cheese your way through all the combat scenarios, have infinite money, and craft any object without materials, but you won't actually unlock any Steam achievements along the way, so it's a major trade-off.
Pillars of Eternity 2 Console Commands Cheat Engine List
The console commands this time around are very similar in structure to both of Obsidian's previous RPGs -- Tyranny and the first Pillars of Eternity -- so you may recognize a lot of these commands if you've played the developer's other games.
To access the command console section to enter debug mode, hit the ~ key (the tilde key next to the 1 on U.S. keyboards) and then type iroll20s. Hit enter to start the Pillars 2 cheat engine.
From there, enter any of these commands below, and hit enter again to get the desired cheat:
- UnlockAll: Unlocks all locked chests and doors in the area (note that it still counts as stealing to take from them, so go into stealth mode if you don't want to get attacked)
- UnlockBestiary: Gives you all entries in your bestiary without having to fight the corresponding monsters
- Cosmic Bird: places the secret Cosmic Bird pet into the player's inventory
- Cosmic Cat: places the secret Cosmic Cat pet into the player's inventory
- Cosmic Dog: places the secret Cosmic Dog pet into the player's inventory
- CraftingDebug: Gives the player a large quantity of crafting material for making most recipes
- Comapnion AddRelationship sourceGuid targetGuid axis strengthGuid onlyInParty: This long, complicated string changes the relationship status between two party members, but we're still working out the exact syntax on how it functions
- FreeRecipesToggle: Allows you to craft any recipe without needing the ingredients
- GiveItem (Item Name): Places the item specified directly in the player's inventory
- GivePlayerMoney #: Gives you the specified amount of money
- AddExperience #: Adds the amount of experience input to each party member
- AddExperienceToLevel #: Raises each party member's level to the number input
- AttributeScore (Player Name) (Attribute Name) #: Raises the attribute specified for the player specified by the number input
- God: Turns invincible God mode on and off
- HealParty: Heals the entire party and replenishes their stamina
- Invisible: Makes the party invisible to enemies for ultimate stealth
- NoFog: Removes the fog that obscures unexplored locations
- Rest: Forces rest instantly in any area
- Skill (Player Name) (Skill Name) #: Increases the specified skill for the specified player by the amount in the number slot
- ToggleSpellLimit: Allows characters to cast spells without any limit
It's possible there are other console commands that haven't been discovered by players yet to get more pets or access more cheats. Have you found any other Pillars 2 console commands that work? Let us know, and we'll get them added to the list!