PUBG Mobile Update 0.4.0 Introduces Arcade Mode, Training Grounds, and Much More
Tencent and PUBG Corp. recently released PUBG Mobile Update 0.4.0, bringing iOS and Android players brand-new gameplay modes. The patch also adds a host of optimizations and amendments as players seek to claim that elusive Chicken Dinner from the comforts of their mobile devices.
What Is Arcade Mode in PUBG Mobile?
New with Update 0.4.0, Arcade Mode is an all-new 28-player mode that can be played solo or with friends. Each match of Arcade Mode is randomly assigned one of six variations:
- Sniper Rifles
- ALL Weapons
- Melee Only
- Item Heaven
PUBG Mobile Training Grounds
For those tired of getting picked apart by seasoned PUBG veterans -- or those just looking to up their game a little -- Training Grounds offers exactly what it sounds like. In this solo mode, you can test out any weapon or item, work on your aim, and get a real feel for PUBG's mechanics without fear of getting killed.
Other Changes With PUBG Mobile Update 0.4.0
The developers have kept a close ear to the community, and with Update 0.4.0, they've included a ton of additions and in-game optimizations. Here's what you iOS and Android players will find (taken directly from a recent press release):
- Follow function has been added, can be used before parachuting and after landing.
- Automatic door opening can now be enabled in settings.
- Pause time between picking up multiple items has been adjusted.
- The teammate elimination icon now disappears after some time.
- Adjusted sound effects for footsteps, UI, vehicles, and entering /exiting the Blue Zone.
- Jumping is no longer affected by sprinting.
- The crosshair is no longer blocked by the camera when standing next to a wall.
- 4X and 8X issues with choppiness have been resolved.
- New animations for being attacked and defeated have been added.
- Improved firing animations.
- Leaning improvements: movement and animation speed increased, "Lean & Open Scope" and "Lean & Fire" have been added.
- Enhanced combat experience: shake/vibration improved, button feedback improved, animations while being attacked have been improved and randomized.
- Camera perspective now switches after death to the player who delivered the killing blow.
- Motorcycles now have flipping tricks
- Added Nitrous Oxide engine to cars.
- Previously used vehicles are now be marked on the minimap.
Voice Chat Optimization:
- Fixed an issue that caused voice chat to stop working after creating a group.
- Fixed crashing issues that have been reported by some players.
- Improved Bluetooth headset issues in iOS (optimization on this is on-going).
- Fixed an issue occurring with Android phones, that was not properly displaying an error when the game did not have access to a microphone.
- Voice chat is now supported by more devices.
- Added a new background, Dusk
- Players can now swap between a 2 column and 3 column view when opening crates.
- Added 3D touch firing options for iOS.
- Results screen: added a performance chart, daily reward limits are now shown.
- Rank 1 coupons now available.
- Items & cheats now available.
- New outfits now available (region-specific outfit will be available soon!)
- Duplicate outfits can now be destroyed for currency to purchase new items.
A Rename Card has also been added which grants 1 name change.
In addition to this slew of updates to PUBG Mobile, Tencent has announced that any players found to be cheating will be immediately banned. Hopefully, this warning serves as adequate disincentive, but only time will tell just how effective Tencent's detection and banning will be.
Be sure to stick with GameSkinny for more information on PUBG Mobile as it develops.