After several tries and getting things situated we are now able to present to you the first episode of the GameSkinny News Roundup!
You might have noticed last week we introduced the GameSkinny Console-Cast with some new faces. We decided to change some things and go in a different direction with our new subcast in hopes of giving you a short, informative discussion on each week’s hottest news.
What We Talked About:
- Nintendo slashes the price of the Wii U deluxe and announces a Limited Edition Wind Waker Bundle.
- Nintendo also announced their new handheld, the Nintendo 2DS, aimed at children as well as those who are looking for a cheaper option and don’t need the 3D capabilities of the 3DS.
- Iran hosts its first ever League of Legends tournament, however most of the female characters are banned.
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is finally released, but not without some problems.
- The Elder Scrolls: Online is looking into adding not only a hefty subscription fee, but a microtransaction store as well.
We are keeping the same schedule for the subcast of which we record on Thursday nights, with the edited episodes posted on the following Saturday. This week’s episode was recorded on August 29, 2013 at 10 PM EST.
We hope you’ll enjoy our new, streamlined format and we are always open up for suggestions. If you have anything you would like us to change or add, please let us know in the comments below!
(This week’s recap was brought to you by Ryan.)