Bravely Default: Ranger Job Guide
Rangers are masters of archery. They can pinpoint several weaknesses to deal extra damage. Nobody is better at using a Bow.
Ranger abilities also provide decent support for other Jobs. If you love using Bows, and wearing wolf skin for some reason, this is the one to go for.
If you are looking for another Job Guide, go to my Master Guide List.
This guide will cover everything about Ranger including:
- Unlocking Ranger: How to unlock the job.
- Equipment guide: What they use, and the optimal equips
- Ability List: What level they get them.
- Cross Job Tips: Which jobs fit well with Ranger.
- Special Moves: Which are best suited for Ranger.
- Combat Tips: Being most effective in battle.
You unlock Ranger in Chapter 2 by defeating Artemia. A quest for Dye from Florem City leads to Twisted Treetop. It is north of Florem City.
Equipment Guide - Which equipment is best for Ranger
Rangers have S aptitude for Daggers and Bows.
- Brave Suit if you want to exploit multiple weaknesses at the start of battle.
- Bows. No reason to use anything else.
Ability List - What each Ranger ability does
The Specialty for Ranger is Hawkeye.
- Hawkeye - Raises accuracy by 100%.
- Targeting - Does 1.25 times the damage of a normal attack.
- Bug Slayer - Does 1.5 times the damage of a normal attack to members of the bug family.
- Plant Slayer - Does 1.5 times the damage of a normal attack to members of the plant family.
- Beast Slayer - Does 1.5 times the damage of a normal attack to members of the beast family.
- Paralyze Immunity - Support ability that makes you immune to Paralysis.
- Aerial Slayer - Does 1.5 times the damage of a normal attack to members of the aerial family.
- Aqautic Slayer - Does 1.5 times the damage of a normal attack to members of the aqautic family.
- Bow Lore - Support ability that raises aptitude for Bows to S.
- Dragon Slayer - Does 1.5 times the damage of a normal attack to members of the dragon family.
- Undead Slayer - Does 1.5 times the damage of a normal attack to members of the undead family.
- Demon Slayer - Does 1.5 times the damage of a normal attack to members of the demon family.
- Hawkeye - Support ability that lets you use the Ranger Specialty on other Jobs.
- Precision - Support ability that raises the damage of normal attacks.
- Multiburst - Fires 4 attacks at random targets. Costs an extra BP to use.
Cross Job Tips - Which Jobs go well with Ranger
- Spell Fencer is great for Rangers because the effects of their Sword Magic works on Bows. It also stacks with their Slayer abilities so you can combine magic with a Slayer ability to do even more damage.
- Freelancer is also good if you don't know what family an enemy is in. Use Examine so you can exploit the weakness.
Special Moves - Getting some extra power out of your weapons
- Level 1 - Exploit enemy weakness 5 times with physical attacks.
- Maximum Draw: Attack one. Raises Crit Rate for all allies.
- Level 2 - Exploit enemy weakness 10 times with physical attacks.
- Rapid Fire: Attack one with Fire damage. Raises Hit Count for all allies.
- Level 3 - Exploit enemy weakness 15 times with physical attacks.
- Angelic Pillar: Attack all with Light damage. Raises Magic Defense for all allies.
Combat Tips - Be the best Slayer you can
As a Ranger, always know what family an enemy is in. This allows you to exploit any weakness, except Human.
- Use the correct Slayer ability for the enemy you are attacking.
- Multiburst is great for multiple or single targets. When there is one target, all 4 hits will hit it.
That's it for the Ranger. If you have any questions, or alternative uses for them, let me know in the comments!
Check out my Bravely Default Master Guide List for more tips.