Battleborn Releases New Hero In Early Access & Teases The Next Hero
The newest Battleborn hero, Ernest, is currently available for early access for those that own the Season Pass or purchased the Digital Deluxe edition. Everyone else will be able to unlock Ernest when he becomes available on September 1 for 47,500 in-game credits.
Ernest, a kickass pink bird, comes wielding a grenade launcher and the ability to boost his teammates, toss sticky charges and even lay down a grid full of explosive mines. The full list of his abilities can be seen below:
- UPR-G73 GRENADE LAUNCHER: Load up the Ernest’s trademark UPR Grenade Launcher. With six explosive rounds in the chambers, Ernest can deal area damage on impact or trigger after a short delay.
- POWER EGG: Lay down a Power Egg that provides bonuses for your team. Allies in range can get attack speed boosted by 25% in Attack mode or reduce damage by 15% in Defense Mode.
- EXPLOSIVE CHARGES: Blow up everything! Heave this sticky charge then go and lie in wait for the right moment to detonate and deal damage to foes. Or just stick them on your enemies – whatever works for you!
- DETONATOR: Pull the plunger and detonate deployed explosive charges – or switch between Power Egg modes.
- (Ultimate) MINE GRID: Cover your tracks and deploy a grid of mines. Each one will explode on contact with an enemy.
- (Passive) DIRECT HIT: Ernest is deadly accurate with his Grenade Launcher – so if you land a perfect shot with an explosive canister, the direct hit deals an extra 15% damage to your foe.
Gearbox has even released a full gameplay video that showcases an overview of Ernest's skills.
Along with the release of Ernest, Gearbox has also announced the next Battleborn hero: Kid Ultra. Kid Ultra will mark the 29th Battleborn within the game and will be able to provide healing and buffs to his teammates while subduing enemies.
Kid Ultra will be released in the next couple of months and will be free for everyone with 47,500 in-game credits. More details on his abilities and release date will be announced closer to his release.
Let us know your thoughts on the newest Battleborn heroes in the comments section below!