PlayStation 4's 3.0 update: all you need to know
PlayStation 3.0 update was leaked and translated last night into a concise list of changes that is now beta testing in Japan.
The update will:
- (finally) allow YouTube for Share Play videos.
- allow posting 10-second videos to Twitter
- now presents to option to watch friend videos and screenshots
- allow you to segregate your friends into "Communities" for easier party formation
- streamline message > party > now playing screens to minimize the use of the circle button
- show all your PlayStation Plus benefits in one place
- provide parental controls upon startup
- allow commenting on nearly everything
- allow spectating on friends' gameplay
- include a setting for faster scrolling and increased pop-up notification!
3.0's features may prove more useful the more players become accustomed to them. The most beneficial aspects such as the YouTube addition and parental controls (for some) are a long overdue bonus. The spectating feature is intriguing and hopefully will be a smooth and easy to use feature.