Bayonetta 2 Reviews Are In: It Is Amazing
Bayonetta 2 is a little over a week before its release. Today, reviews for the game have come out, and things are looking good for the new action title.
A vast majority of reviews from various critics are hailing Bayonetta 2. The game has gotten many perfect scores from various reviewers, and is certainly one of the best scored games of the year (though there were a few average reviews). Below are a few of the scores that Platinum Games' new sequel has received:
- Eurogamer Germany (10/10): "Buy it if you liked the first one. Buy it, if you love it over the top all the way. Buy it if you love video games. Buy a Wii U if you have to. Bayonetta 2 sings all its praises in a celebration to this hobby of ours. But don't make the mistake of not playing it."
- God Is A Geek (10/10): "Intense, gorgeous and thrilling to play, this is Platinum’s best game so far...A non-stop climax of excitement from the moment you start the Prologue, this is one of those games that demands to be played."
- Joystiq (10/10): "Bayonetta 2 is the perfect action game. It oozes style and boasts gameplay that's both refined and lacking in excess. The combat is so purely entertaining that it's easy to lose yourself in the almost-zen flow of dodging, countering and kicking enemies to death."
- Nintendo Life (9/10): "Bayonetta is a must buy for any action gaming fans. It's fast, intense and ridiculous, all with an entertaining story and a protagonist that is forever subverting and playing with her audience. It's pure Platinum Games, too, which means it'll likely be adored by its converts and ignored by too many...Brilliant, brash and impossible to ignore."
- Eurogamer (9/10): "Bayonetta 2's biggest disappointment may be that it's an iterative sequel, but it's not such a problem when it's iterating on genius."
- Polygon (7.5/10): "I won't guess why the blatant over-sexualization is still there, often more intensely than before. But it causes an otherwise great game to require a much bigger mental compromise to enjoy."