90's Platformer Inspired Griff the Winged Lion Launches Campaign on Kickstarter
Last week, developer Jake Pawlowski launched a second Kickstarter campaign for Griff the Winged Lion -- a 3D platformer inspired by original PlayStation titles such as Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon. Griff the Winged Lion is being developed by Spiral Summit Games and Breaker Box Studios. The original crowdfunding campaign began around this time last year, but it was unsuccessful.
Griff the Winged Lion centers on the titular character of Griff as he travels through different worlds to discover his destiny. In addition to this main protagonist, the game also features several playable friends who join Griff on his journey -- including such as Gargle the gargoyle, Gavin the griffin, Terra the unicorn, and Mia the phantom cat. All of these characters have their own unique abilities to bring to the gameplay experience.
Other features of the game include:
- The ability to play in three different styles: Original PlayStation, Nintendo 64, and Dreamcast. The details of this feature are unknown at this time.
- Several different abilities to obtain and use
- 10 different worlds to explore
- Fully voiced dialogue
- Five different playable characters and plenty of mini games to enjoy.
- The ability to solve puzzles and destroy various things with a weapon known as the Midas Gloves
- A handful of enemies and bosses to defeat
- Additional costumes and wings for Griff to wear
Griff the Winged Lion is slated for release on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One in late 2018 or early 2019. An early demo of the game is currently available for Windows for those who are interested in testing it out. The Kickstarter campaign will end on October 5. As of this writing, the campaign has earned $2,112 of its $25,000 goal.