Turkey to Ban Minecraft

Minecraft the newest Violent game on the market?
This article is over 9 years old and may contain outdated information

For as long as games have been around there has been a debate on how violent games affect children.  According to Fox News the Turkey Family and Social Ministry considers Minecraft to be a violent game and wants to ban it in Turkey.

Recommended Videos

Minecraft allows the player to design anything they can imagine to get to the next area.  In some cases they need to survive in order to advance, it is that part the Ministry believes to be the downfall of the game.  The players need to kill off creatures to survive and the Ministry believes its hard for children to understand the difference between real life and the game life.

The website debate.org ran a poll on the question “Is Minecraft a violent game?” and it was a close call.  58% percent of those polled believed it to be not violent but that leaves 42% who believe that it was.  That definitely raises the question about the game. 

So what do you think is Minecraft violent?

GameSkinny is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more about our Affiliate Policy
Image of T.W. Francis
T.W. Francis
Still figuring out who I am. When I find myself I will let you know.