RUMOR: 3DS Lineup Leaked & NX News
Another report by MetalDave, a Nintendo insider with numerous sources, has been posted on his website. This time, it is about the 3DS lineup for 2016 and more NX information. (Take the following with a giant grain of salt for now, though. MetalDave has been correct before in the past, but he has also been proven wrong.)
He also revealed that there may be a brand new Pokemon game, codenamed "Pokémon Rainbow," which is supposedly going to land on the 3DS this holiday season.
Below is the list of the 3DS lineup for this year, but again, take it with a grain of salt.
3DS release list 2016:
- Mario and Sonic Rio 2016
- Nintendo Selects Wave 1
- Hyrule Warriors Legends
- Disney Art Academy
- Bravely Second
- Code Name: “Caviar F” (casual, friendly, smaller budget game)
- Metroid Prime: Federation Force
- Code name: “Torte City” (big budget, unannounced game for all gamers/all ages)
- Dragon Quest VII
- Code name: “Cadillac” (casual, friendly, smaller budget game)
- 3DS Hardware Price Cut
- Code name: “N-Stars” (big budget game for all ages)
- Nintendo Selects Wave 2
- Code name: “DMW2” possibly Disney Magical World 2
- Dragon Quest VIII
- Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” (Translation: “Rainbow”)
Along with this has come more NX news, and a bit more information on the Zelda title which is supposed to release on the Wii U sometime this year, or possibly next. Again, we warn you to take this with a grain of salt and protein! We do not know if this guy is correct or not yet, but speculation is always fun.
- Nintendo NX Launch games for 2016 besides Zelda NX and marketing focus remain hidden for now
- Wii U $34.5 million marketing budget for 2016 total – Zelda Wii U has $10 million with the possibility of the funding being switched to Zelda NX version depending on launch timing in 2016.
- 3DS $56.25 million marketing budget for 2016 total
What do you think of all these rumors? Let us know down in the comments!