Fighting the Thorm family in Act 2 can be annoying at best and difficult at worst. Luckily, you can kill Gerringothe, Malus, and Thisobald without entering combat if you make the right dialogue choices. Here’s how to skip the Thorms without fighting in Baldur’s Gate 3.
How to Skip the Thorms Without Fighting in Baldur’s Gate 3
Since each Thorm requires different Skill Checks, walk into their locations using your best suited party member.
How to Skip Gerringothe Thorm
Gerringothe is found at the Tollhouse, and the key with her is getting her to question why she needs gold and to whom the gold is going. Choose the following options to skip her:
- Who are you?
- Toss the creature a gold piece.
- I don’t hand out so much gold for so little in return.
- How much do you want, exactly?
- I’ve already paid.
- Class specific Persuasion Check.
- Persuasion or Deception Check both work.
How to Skip Malus Thorm
Malus is the shortest conversation, and you find him at the House of Healing. Using a Cleric gives you the option to use what you know about Shar to convince Malus to take the place of a test subject for the sisters.
- A student, yes. Do please enlighten me.
- Investigate the tools or use Religion to recall the teachings, then say the subject is tainted.
- [PERSUASION] The sisters require a willing volunteer, a master of the art.
How to Skip Thisobald Thorm
Thisobald is at the Waning Moon, and you can have a drinking contest with him instead of fighting him. I highly recommend using Karlach here. As a Barbarian, her class specific options are all along the lines of “CHUG THE DRINK” and she has a good Constitution Stat for getting through the Saving Throws.
- What in all the Nine Hells are you?
- Pick up the tankard.
- [SAVING THROW] Drink with the brewer.
- Pick a story.
- [SAVING THROW] Do as he says. Drink.
- Tell another story.
- [SAVING THROW] Steel yourself and drink.
And that’s how to skip the Thorms without fighting in Baldur’s Gate 3. This method gives you both Inspiration and achievements, plus it’s a huge time saver to avoid fights that would otherwise be difficult. For more content, check our BG3 guide hub to find topics like how to skip Yurgir without fighting and how to defeat Ketheric Thorm who can’t be skipped.