When deliberating over whether you should free Sazza the Goblin in Baldur’s Gate 3 or not, you’ll want to consider the effects of this decision. It has a potential to impact options you might want to pursue in the future. It also doesn’t take long for Goblins to show up as villains, so releasing her will affect your relationships with some of your party members. In my case, I didn’t let her go because I’m aiming to romance Gale, and he’ll disapprove of helping her. But if your playthrough is different, here’s what to know.
Should You Free Sazza the Goblin the Baldur’s Gate 3?
It’s considered an evil choice to free Sazza the Goblin in Baldur’s Gate 3, so you’ll have to decide on a character by character basis if that’s the choice you want to make for your story. Since there’s a lot to consider, I’ll run you through the positives and negatives of helping Sazza below.
The Positive Effects of Freeing Sazza the Goblin in BG3
Here, I’m using positive effects to mean things that you gain from helping Sazza, whether that’s opportunities, objects, or approval. So, this is what you gain from helping Sazza.
- Goblins won’t attack you with Sazza escorting you to camp.
- You can side with Goblins against the Druids and Tieflings.
- You can recruit Minthara as a companion, and later romance her.
- You can loot strong items from the Druids after defeating them.
- You’ll gain approval with Astarion and Lae’zel.
The Negative Effects of Freeing Sazza the Goblin in BG3
Naturally, choosing what’s considered the evil option has some negative drawbacks as well, by which I mean you lose things like approval and opportunities. As such, let’s look at what you lose from helping Sazza, and continuing to work with the Goblins rather than betray them.
- You lose access to the early game vendors in Emerald Grove.
- You won’t be able to recruit Halsin.
- Wyll and Karlach will leave your party if you’ve already recruited them.
- You’ll lose approval with Gale and Shadowheart.
So, when you’re debating if you should free Sazza the Goblin in Baldur’s Gate 3, make sure that you don’t select the choice that will interfere with what you want to do in the future with your character. And once you’ve decided, you might want to check out our BG3 guide hub for topics like how to change party members to avoid losing approval with some of them or how to romance each character to check what other choices you need to make to win an NPC’s heart.