You might be asking yourself where to find Sergeant Thrinn’s Missing Boots in Baldur’s Gate 3. This Duergar NPC, a lieutenant of True Soul Nere, knows that someone stole them. As such, it’s up to you to hand it over for a neat reward. Here’s what to do.
Where to Find Sergeant Thrinn’s Missing Boots in Baldur’s Gate 3
The objective to Find Sergeant Thrinn’s Missing Boots in Baldur’s Gate 3 can be done in the Underdark and Grymforge regions. Here’s a quick summary:
- You can get the boots from Thulla in the Myconid Colony. However, as you approach, you’ll realize that she’s been poisoned.
- Later, you have to make your way by boat to Grymforge. Thulla is in the main chamber where you have to free True Soul Nere. If you’ve acquired her footwear beforehand, you can give it to her.
How to Get the Boots from Thulla
You learn about the Baldur’s Gate 3 Sergeant Thrinn’s Missing Boots objective from a Duergar overseer near the Underdark: Beach waypoint (X:18; Y:-195). If you brought Glut along with you, make sure that he’s several meters away. If he’s too close, the Duergar will automatically turn hostile. But, if you can manage to talk to them peacefully, the overseer will say that their leader’s armor was stolen.
Head back to the Myconid Colony near Spaw’s area. There, you’ll find Thulla wriggling in pain due to poison. Here’s what you can do:
- Give her antitoxin: I found a couple of these while exploring. I believe some merchants in the Druid Grove might be selling them, too.
- Give her antidote: The antidote can be looted from one of the Duergar enemies at the beach/mining camp.
- Cast Lesser Restoration: Certain classes, such as the Cleric, can cast Lesser Restoration to cure poisons and diseases. I feel that this is one of the better options, since you won’t need to use an item, and spell slots can be refreshed via long rests anyway.
- Take Sergeant Thrinn’s boots: If you want to be mean, you can just take the boots from Thulla without curing her. I found this to be the “evil” option of sorts.
How to Reach Sergeant Thrinn in Grymforge
Regardless of how you got the item from Thulla, make your way back to the Underdark: Beach waypoint. There, you’ll see a ramshackle boat. You can sail this to the Grymforge, another underground region, and the Duergar’s base of operations.
Make your way to the main chamber and talk to Sergeant Thrinn. If you give her the boots, she’ll reward you with two gear pieces:
- Bracing Band: Gain +1 to your armor class after you shove an enemy.
- Armor of Uninhibited Kushigo – While Patient Defense is active, you can use your reaction to make a melee strike against any attacker that misses.
All in all, the Find Sergeant Thrinn’s Missing Boots quest in Baldur’s Gate 3 leads to nifty rewards. I personally think that the Armor of Uninhibited Kushigo is decent for the Monk class, especially if you haven’t found a better option yet. From here, you have to do the Free True Soul Nere quest. This leads to a dilemma, and your decision can make Sergeant Thrinn an ally or an enemy. For more tips and tactics, visit our BG3 guides hub.