Who doesn’t love extra content? If you enjoy Monster Energy drinks, Call of Duty has an offer for you: a free Operator skin just for picking up cans and redeeming codes. But what Operator is the Monster skin for in Modern Warfare 3, and how do you redeem it?
Which Modern Warfare 3 Operator Uses the Monster Energy Skin?
Provided you don’t have any issues getting your Monster Energy Operator Skin in Modern Warfare 3, all you need to use it is the BBQ Operator skin. BBQ is a Specgru Operator, so open his skin menu and select either The Beast or Zero Chill.
If you don’t have BBQ yet, all you need to do to unlock him is kill three enemies affected by your tactical grenades. Those flashes, stuns, Shock Sticks — whatever you can get a hitmarker with in your Tactical slot works.
How to Get and Redeem MW3 Monster Energy Codes
I found that actually redeeming the MW3 Monster Energy skins is a bit of a hassle, sadly. First and foremost, the can or case of Monster you buy must have an eligible Monster product. You’ll see the Call of Duty logo on them if they’re usable. After doing some checking, I can confirm that you must purchase Monster Energy, Monster Ultra, Monster Java, Monster Hydro, or Juice Monster products.
How to Redeem on MonsterEnergy.com
Once you have some Monster products, it’s time to redeem. Here are the steps I followed:
- Save your receipt. You need your receipt for the promotion to work. Do not throw away or delete your receipt from your email inbox.
- Create an account or log in to your MonsterEnergy.com account.
- Upload your receipt and wait 24 hours for it to process.
- Check the My Codes section of your Monster account the next day. If things are going smoothly, you should have a code there you can take to callofduty.com/redeem.
Note that codes can also be underneath the pull tabs of eligible Monster Energy cans. I missed a few of these initially. To redeem those, log into your Monster account, enter the code on the can, and you should get a code you can use at the Call of Duty redemption site.
How to Redeem on the CoD Website
To redeem a Monster Energy code on the official Call of Duty website, follow these steps:
- Go to callofduty.com/redeem.
- Log in to the Call of Duty account associated with the platform you play on. If your console or PC Call of Duty game uses a different linked email, change it to match the one you can open in your browser.
- Enter the code in the redemption box on the website.
How to Find Your the Monster Energy Skin and Rewards In-Game
Once the code is sent through the Call of Duty website, and provided nothing goes wrong, the Monster Energy skins, and the Double XP Tokens that come with them, should automatically be available in your game.
Monster Energy Skin Fix: What to do if You Can’t Find Your Rewards
In my research for this guide, I came across a number of user accounts saying they were having trouble seeing The Beast and No Chill skins in-game. There were a couple of solutions I could find.
- Restart your game. Getting the Monster Energy skins should happen automatically and immediately. However, the first thing you can try is restarting your game. It’s not foolproof, but it’s the easiest and quickest potential solution.
- Verify your game files on PC or clear your cache on console. If you’re not seeing the Monster Energy skins when you log in to MW3, ensuring your game files are in order might fix it. Check this Activision Support article for instructions on how to proceed on your platform.
- Make sure your Call of Duty account email is verified. I found one report that said ensuring the email on your Call of Duty account is verified in the system got them their Monster skin.
- Contact Activision or Monster Energy support. Depending on where in the process your issue appears, you can contact either Activision or Monster Energy. Use Monster Energy Support if your product or receipt redemption is having issues, and use Activision Support if your skins aren’t showing up.
If you already enjoy Monster Energy, now you know how to get a little extra with your purchase, including which MW3 Operator uses the skins you can redeem. For more on Modern Warfare 3, check out our guides on how to fix Zombies crashing, fix Extrapolation, and more in our MW3 guides hub.