Gjallarhorn is one of the best, most efficient, and most satisfying weapons in all of Destiny 2. Of course, you want to know how to get this exotic rocket launcher into one of your loadouts. Introduced as part of the 30th Anniversary Pack, it’s one of the easiest S-Tier weapons to obtain, with only a dungeon — and the $25 for the pack itself — separating you from glory.
In this guide, we’ll go over how to complete the quest, And Out Fly the Wolves, in Destiny 2 so you can get the Gjallarhorn sooner rather than later.
How to Complete And Out Fly the Wolves for Gjallarhorn in Destiny 2
With only eight steps, the Gjallarhorn quest is almost criminally straightforward. Below find all the steps and how to complete them.
Speak to Xur in Xur’s Treasure Horde. Exactly what it says on the tin. Go to the Eternity Destination in the Director and click on the Treasure Horde node. Speak to Xur, and you’ll pick up Step 1 after reading some sweet lore.
- Complete the Grasp of Avarice Dungeon. We’ve got a guide for that right here, the first real step toward Gjallarhorn.
- Speak to Shaw Han in the Cosmodrome. Select the Cosmodrome from the Earth Destination and click the fast travel node near the Exotic Engram symbol. Talk to Shaw near the spawn point and click on the quest market below the text.
- Collect Wolfpack Rounds from Powerful Fallen in the Cosmodrome. You need six more Wolfpack Rounds to progress the quest, and your best bet is the Exodus Garden 2A Lost Sector. Turn around from Shaw and make your way through the buildings until you enter The Divide. Jump onto the derelict water tower at the far left end of the area and head down through the hole in the building nearby. You’ll need to run the Sector three or four times, as Wolfpack rounds are a random drop from yellow-bar enemies.
- Speak to Shaw Han. Yep. Back to Shaw. We’re getting close to Gjallarhorn.
- Speak to Banshee-44. Head to the Tower and talk to Banshee.
- Complete Exodus Garden 2A. Weren’t we just here?
- Reassemble the Gjallarhorn. Head back to Shaw, and you’ll see a room on the ground level behind and to the left of him. You’ll see a bed and a workbench inside. Press the Use button on the workbench to complete this step.
- Speak to Shaw Han. Again. He’ll give you Gjallarhorn. Why he gets to is anyone’s guess.
Now you’re equipped with Gjallarhorn and are free to head back into Grasp of Avarice to get your hands on the Catalyst. Read our guide on how to get the Gjallarhorn Catalyst in Destiny 2 while you’re at it.