In Digimon World Next Order, your Digimon will digivolve once enough time has passed and they meet the minimum stat requirements. The problem comes when you meet multiple digivolution requirements. If this happens, your partner will randomly digivolve into one of the available choices.
This can be frustrating if you are trying to get a specific Digimon, but not all is lost! There is a way to “block” digivolutions so that you can cause them to digivolve into the one you want.
This is a game saver. If this game-saving feature wasn’t in the game, it would be a lore more frustrating and make the stat requirements for digivolving pointless.
We’re going to go over everything you need to know to do this.
How to Unlock the Digivolution Dojo
The first thing you need to do is unlock the Dojo, but you can’t do this until the beginning of Chapter 2. If you haven’t made it that far, continue the story until you do, which requires you to bring digimon back to Flotia.
When you start chapter 2, you can get the Dojo right away.
- Head to the Server Desert, then the Server Cemetery.
- From there, go to Stepstep and forward until you see Grapleomon.
- If you fall into holes, just talk to the digimon at the entrance to fill them up.
- Grapleomon will ask you to get some grease to fix his arms and legs.
- You get this from Gargomon on the other side of the Server Cemetery in Tower Road.
- Once you talk to Gargomon and get the grease, he will join the city and sell battle items.
- Go back to Grapleomon and watch the events.
- Afterward, Grapleomon goes to the city to open the Dojo and allows you to go to the Ohguino Wastelands map.
Screenshot by GameSkinny
Now that the dojo is unlocked, you can check how close your digimon are to digivolving into each choice. But it isn’t over yet. You must upgrade the dojo to level 2 to unlock digivolution blocking.
Upgrade the Dojo to Level 2
The materials you need are all easy to get except the DigiGreatwood. You have a chance to get them when harvesting wood (the green points).
The easiest place I found to do this was the Bony Drive map at Bony Palace.
You can get there by going to the newly opened Ohguino Wastelands, then to the Palace of Thorns, then finally to Bony Drive. You can also get them in the Wastelands, but there’s a spot in Bony Drive that gave me a bunch.
Once you get all the materials, just start the upgrade and wait one in-game day for it to complete.
- When it is done, you can talk to Grapleomon at the dojo to check the chart.
- While checking any of the possible digivolutions, press X to block it.
- This will put a blue mark on it and stop your partner from digivolving into it if it meets the requirement.
- You can block as multiples, so so block all but 1 if you want something specific.
Screenshot by GameSkinny
You will still need to meet the requirements of whatever digimon you didn’t block, so be careful. If you go too long without digivolving, they will die because digivolving increases their Life.
Luckily, you can turn the block and and off as much as you want — you just need to do it at the dojo.
That’s all you need to unlock the dojo and gain control over what digimon you get. Let me know if you have any questions and check out my Digimon World Next Order Beginner guide for more help!
Featured image by GameSkinny