The battle royale that’s sometimes best enjoyed with friends can have issues that prevent you from doing just that. There are myriad issues that can pop up, and if you’re here, you’re wondering how to fix Error Code 93 in Fortnite.
Fortnite Error Code 93 Explained: What Does It Mean?
Fortnite Error Code 93 prevents us from joining multiplayer parties in the lobby. So, you’ll be stuck playing solo matches unless you can resolve the issue. It will certainly disrupt your dubs if, like me, you prefer to play with friends.
I’ve encountered the error myself, and it’s definitely among the most annoying ones out there. Error Code 93 is oftentimes caused by a party bug but could sometimes be a server issue. Unfortunately, this is a common error in Fortnite, so let’s talk about how to fix it.
Every Way to (Potentially) Fix Error Code 93
Sometimes error messages will arise from a problem with Epic’s servers, so the solution will be out of your hands. However, there are some possible fixes for Error 93. As is true with any bug, it could have occurred from something on your end. Here’s what to do.
Related: How to Fix Error Code 91 in Fortnite
Check Server Status
Checking the server status is the first thing I do when I encounter the error. Doing so will let you know if Fortnite servers have been brought down for maintenance.
- Head to the Epic Games Public Status page to check.
- Join the official Fortnite Discord server: The Discord server features a Fortnite status channel, announcements, bug reporting, community support, and more. You can join the forum to chat with other players live and see if anyone else is experiencing the issue.
- Check the Fortnite Status Twitter/X. This Twitter/X page frequently updates with patches and any bugs the team is aware of and working on.
Change Your Skin
Bizarre, I know, but changing your cosmetics in your locker could fix Error Code 93. The bug may be present within your current skin loadout, so it might be solved with this adjustment.
Change Party and Multiplayer Settings
When it comes to multiplayer bugs, the solution is oftentimes found in the multiplayer settings.
- Change your Party type from private to public or vice versa.
- Party Icon > Settings > Change Status of Party Privacy.
- Turn Crossplay On.
- Settings > Privacy > Enable Crossplay.
Join Friends via the Epic Games Friends List
If you utilize the Epic friends list rather than the Fortnite friends list, you might be able to circumvent the error and join your friend’s party.
- Epic Games Launcher > Add Friends > Enter friend’s Epic username or email address > Add Friend > Join Party.
Restart the Game
The age-old tried and true solution of restarting the game could work for Error 93. Restarting your computer or console would also be a good idea to flush cached files and processes from your system.
Reset Network Connection
Testing and resetting your internet connection can oftentimes be the quickest solution. It’s always a good idea to check on your own connectivity when encountering errors.
Submit a Ticket
As a last resort, you can submit a support ticket to the official Epic Games Support team via the Fortnite Support page.
That’s how to fix Error Code 93 in Fortnite. Trying these solutions could help you get back to asking your friends — Where are we droppin’? Unfortunately, if none of them work for you, you’ll need to wait until Epic clears up the issue. In the meantime, check out our guides hub for additional error fixes and more.